This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Reporting to the Programmes Manager for Australian Mine Sweeping and Support System (AMASS) , the Project Manager will oversee the management of a key project to ensure objectives including management of customer expectations, project execution, cost time and quality are achieved. This is a critical role within the team to ensure the successful delivery of the project on time and to our customers expectations.
- Planning, executing and managing implementation activities to meet project schedule, quality and cost targets and ultimately customer satisfaction
- Leading and managing cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams including Work Package Managers, in-house manufacturing and Project Engineers
- Ensuring sufficient resources are allocated to meet schedule requirements
- Ensuring achievement of milestones and key events per Contract
- Managing project risks as well as financial and contractual contingencies
- Reporting on project progress
How About You
- Project management experience with a proven ability to coordinate complex tasks, meet deadlines and effectively project plan
- Proven customer management skills
- Collaborative style with the ability to build sound working rapport with stakeholders, clients and subcontractors
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- Experience within the mine warfare sector or comparable sector is highly regarded
Good to Know
You’ll receive an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re investing in digital and “deep tech” innovations to build a future we can all trust.