Manager, Corporate Strategy
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Get to know our Team:
The Corporate Strategy team assists the CEO with developing the company’s long term objectives and setting its course. By assessing a broad range of trends and issues that span across markets, customer, competitor, regulatory and technology insights, the team develops winning strategies that will have a significant impact on the company’s growth.
Get to know the Role:
I. Scanning the business environment for insights and trends to identify key growth opportunities for the company that will build sustainable competitive advantages.
II. Translating company-level strategies into actionable functional deliverables and re-allocating business portfolio to align with market opportunities.
III. Driving decision-making and ensure major initiatives are coherent with company strategic direction.
IV. Sustaining the momentum of strategy execution and instilling organisation discipline to realise commitments to strategic plans.
The day-to-day activities:
- Develop and/ or update the company’s strategies on a periodic cadence, including identifying and prioritising major cross-functional initiatives by synthesising: I. Internal business performance and competencies II. External trends (market, customer, competitor, regulatory, technological etc)
- Provide inputs and advise the CEO and management team on key issues (e.g. strategic initiatives, BU-level plans and major investments) based on clear issue framing, systems-level thinking and rigorous analyses
- Bridge business opportunities with product development via a keen grasp of the business imperatives and clear understanding of the possibilities and / or limitations of technology
- Lead the development of experimental business opportunities including development of baseline capabilities, definition of the parameters of success and ensuring smooth transition to operations
- Support Operations Heads on BU-level strategy and facilitate cross-pollination of best practice and approaches
- Align company organisational structure to achieve strategic objectives including identification of internal capabilities to be developed or strengthened
- Execute the corporate planning rhythm to ensure follow-through of the functional deliverables via discussions, updates and action-tracking (i.e. Secretariat for the Bi-weekly and Monthly Management Meetings)
- Communicate company vision to stakeholders and support translation into operational reality via various channels (e.g. CEO communications, engagements with senior stakeholders etc.)
- Set the agenda for Grab Forward off-sites in line with company objectives and to enable tighter networking within the management team
- Assess proposals for all major initiatives to ensure judicious investment of company resources in line with strategic direction
- Advocate focus on achieving sustainable growth by working with BU leads to design and refine pricing and incentives schemes
- Actively and independently engage with company senior executives to identify new opportunities and to seek alignment on strategic priorities
- Influence a high-performance company culture by challenging critical business assumptions and encouraging cross-functional collaboration
- Drive coherence across functions and business units in order to achieve strategic objectives, including with product, engineering, operations, partnerships functions
- Provide a sounding board to company senior executives by helping to frame initiatives against wider company objectives and external business environment
The must haves:
- A degree with good honours from a top tier university in any discipline
- MBA will be an advantage
- Experience with quantitative analysis e.g. financial modelling and data manipulation
- Ability to construct and deliver clear presentations to senior company executives
- Ability to look beyond individual issues to identify broader themes with wider-reaching impact
- Experience in analysing and quantifying complex strategic issues tied to long term business growth
- Superb presentation and communication skills
- Experience in project managing complex, cross-functional projects
- Creativity and comfortable with ‘blank sheet of paper’ assignments
- A natural leader who displays integrity, humility and responsibility, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to empathise and collaborate with stakeholders across functions and at all levels of experience
- A self-starter and independent learner who takes the initiative to challenge the status quo.
- A big-picture thinker who is detail-oriented
- Ability to perform under pressure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- 6-8 years of experience
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Drive Southeast Asia Forward with us