Systems Engineer Wireless Modules
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billions of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.
As a Systems Engineer for Wireless Modules that supports the M2M team located in China, you will analyze customer use cases, marketing opportunities and translate them into detailed technical requirements, solutions and proposals and manage them for wireless module projects that will be used in industrial and other IoT applications globally.
A Week In The Life Of a Systems Engineer
- You will be responsible for the analysis of use cases, deduction of technical requirements and input of the requirements into databases.
- You will explain technical requirements to R&D and help design solutions to ensure that requirement standards are being followed during the product definition stage
- You will manage project features for wireless modules.
- You will reverse engineer and conduct standards analysis using 3GPP or other relevant specifications.
- You will collaborate with Product Managers to discuss and collect regional requirements.
- You will evaluate requirements from operators in the [relevant region] region.
- You will collaborate with project team to design solutions, provide technical support for customer
- To succeed at this job, you must have:
- very good knowledge and experience with cellular technologies such as LTE, eMTC, NB-IoT and WCDMA ;
- strong cellular protocol stack development background;
- knowledge with Internet protocol including TCP/IP;
- at least 6 years of experience in telecommunication development, solutions or products
- Master’s Degree in relevant fields such as Telecommunication or Computer Science.
- It would be preferred if you have:
- experiences in the M2M/IoT industry
- software or hardware development for embedded systems
- experience with project management tools and processes.
- You must be fluent in English and be able to use English as working language.
- You must be able to handle global technical discussions and work with people from different countries with different cultures.
- We would like someone to join our team who is a quick-learner, an excellent troubleshooter with strong communication and networking skills, a problem-solver, analytical, a team-player and self-motivated.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re investing in digital and “deep tech” innovations to build a future we can all trust.