Communications Manager, APAC
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet. We help businesses from all over the world access the global online commerce market with sophisticated software. The most exciting businesses in Asia Pacific (eg: Tata Cliq, Klook, GOGOVAN, Homage, Carousell, Fashion Valet, Grab) build on Stripe to accelerate their economic agility online; to quickly expand internationally and build new kinds of revenue models. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet and communications plays a major role in the company strategy.
As we grow in Asia Pacific, we’re looking for someone to join our world-class regional communications team and help shape our reputation in the region. This is an important job, as it requires working closely with executives, engineers, policy and our marketing team, in both mature and emerging markets.
The ideal candidate is strategic, creative, has strong media relationships, and isn’t afraid of working between corporate, product, B2B, internal and policy comms, in various geographies and market maturities. They are also passionate about startups and enterprises, working closely with founders and executive teams of some of Asia Pacific’s most dynamic companies.
- Help shape Stripe’s APAC narrative through products and country launches in the region.
- Work closely with external partners and companies to build customer case studies, infusing their voices into campaigns, news announcements, and other activities.
- Translate the complexity of Stripe’s products and the scope of our impact into pitches and stories that expand what people think of when they hear “Stripe.”
- Advocate Stripe’s point-of-view on industry and regulatory topics, growing our profile as a thought leader among relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain relationships with reporters and influencers in all of our major Asia-Pacific markets.
- Work in close partnership with the APAC Communications lead, the global comms team, local leaders and agencies.
You Should Have
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills, in English and in a local APAC language (e.g. Japanese, Bahasa Indonesia, Mandarin Chinese, etc.).
- 10-12 years of experience in technology and B2B public relations, preferably in a technology, high-growth and/or financial services environment.
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration; creativity; and project management skills in rapidly changing, sometimes ambiguous, often scrappy situations.
- Relationships with key business and technology reporters, and the ability to build new ones quickly.
- A strong track record managing multiple markets at scale. Experience in emerging markets is a plus, but not a prerequisite.
You Should Include These In Your Application
- Resume or LinkedIn profile.
- Writing samples are always welcome!
- Any information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and accomplishments.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Payments infrastructure for the internet.