Technical Consultant (Database Administrator)
The Job Description/Responsibilities
As a member of the FMS Application Operations Team, responsibilities include and are not limited to;
1. Work closely with the Transform/Implementation team to understand the process flow, solution challenges if any and work towards implementing & supporting a seamless integration between Finastra & Customer applications.
2. Act as a liaison between implementation and Application Validation teams for technical aspects.
3. Work closely with the Application Validation, Transform/Implementation & product teams to explore & reuse tools/processes for effective delivery of customer requirements.
4. Should focus towards acquiring adequate understanding of the functional aspects/flows of the implemented products within short span of time.
5. To be effective enough to handle challenges and find the most efficient ways to provide solutions.
6. Ability to debug system logs and come up with technical solutions associated with data flow or processes involved or performance aspect
7. Work closely with the other key players from the Application Validation Team and the Transform/Implementation Team to come up with best processes for seamless run of customer applications.
8. Be able to effectively participate in project discussions, provide project updates and identify risks with mitigation plans.
9. Be flexible to learn, collaborate & contribute across teams.
The Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Database Administration using MS SQL Server.
- Installing and upgrading the database server and/or application tools.
- Planning for and allocating the database system’s physical requirements, such as memory, disk space, network requirements, etc.
- Security, Encryption setup for Audit and Compliance.
- Ensuring compliance with database vendor license agreement, including number of installations, and taking care of licensing renewals.
- Creating a backup and recovery strategy for the database, and regularly testing the backups to ensure usability.
- Monitoring technical support for both database systems and related applications.
- Creating reports by querying from database (as per need).
- Monitoring and optimizing the database’s performance using either manual or automated tools.
- Migrating database instances to new VMs or environment
- Disaster recovery support, high availability (HA) setup
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in a DevOps, Application Support, or similar role.
- Minimum of 1 year in application deployment and configuration across multiple platforms such as Windows and Linux.
- Ability to support and maintain multiple applications and environments.
- Fluent in scripting languages such as Linux shell, Powershell, Python, etc.
- Familiarity with general monitoring principles, as well as tools such as Idera, Splunk, Site24x7, Zabbix, Nagios, etc.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
Good to Have:
- Experience in cloud technologies such as Azure (Azure SQL) and AWS (RDS).
- Knowledgeable in different automation concepts (ex. CI/CD, infra as code) and DevOps tools (ex. Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Git).
- Experience in Integration using JMS/MQ, WebServices, TCP/IP Sockets.
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools such as JIRA and Confluence, as well as SFDC and ServiceNow.
- Knowledge of Java and supporting Java applications.
- Knowledgeable on configuring Web Servers like Apache Tomcat, Weblogic, IBM WebSphere, JBoss Wildfly, etc.
- Knowledge of Angular JS, SOAP UI Test tool, and JQuery.
- Technical consulting and implementation experience in client facing projects is an added advantage.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The future of finance is open