Senior Pre-sales Consultant (Risk)
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
15 - 25%
The Senior Pre-Sales Consultant is an experienced Trading and Traded Risk professional ready to take on the role of product and subject matter specialist in the Capital Markets area. He/she will be working within the Asia
Pacific Business Solutions Group team. The role will involve working closely with the sales team and clients in order to elaborate the most suitable solutions for each prospect client, presenting them, and managing client
requirements and expectations throughout the sales process.
The Senior Pre-Sales Consultant is a highly motivated individual who can successfully work with all levels in an organization to help deliver key messages about the FIS solution suite via presentations and product demonstrations. The Senior Pre-Sales Consultant will be reporting to the Asia Pacific Head of Presales.
The Senior Pre-Sales Consultant’s primary role is to present and demonstrate the business features of the flagship FIS’ Trading and Risk Management solutions, with the core objective of successfully supporting the
sales organization. This includes the following tasks:
• Discover and understand clients’ business and functional requirements in order to assess product’s fit, to identify any solution gaps, to suggest solutions/workarounds and to communicate back internally to help quantify
• Deliver solution presentations as well as general and client-specific product demonstrations;
• Provide functional expertise throughout the sales process in collaboration with all FIS teams involved;
• Respond to RFI’s / RFP’s / client queries in a timely and professional manner;
• Work on business opportunities across FIS segments, join other business units for comprehensive demonstrations and interface with the Product Management, Professional Services, Client Support and Software Development teams;
• As business opportunities in Capital markets area are also driven by the increasing regulatory pressure, the candidate will have a solid regulations knowledge and is expected to build on that by constantly monitoring the evolution of requirements from international and local regulatory bodies. This will serve the double objective of advising the R&D centre on new functionality needs as well as of identifying specific areas of business opportunity where the FIS’s solutions can be directly proposed
• Build up market expertise, be aware of industry trends, markets drivers and regulatory initiatives; understand the competitive offerings and their differentiators in the market, read trade and industry journals to keep abreast of industry thoughts and initiatives.
• Excellent hands-on Front/Middle Office or Enterprise Market and Credit Risk operations knowledge and skills.
• 5+ years previous experience in banks’ Front or Middle Office department or in financial software vendors for trading and risk management solutions, with direct involvement in Market or Credit Risk analysis and reporting and /or products Valuation
• Sound knowledge of financial markets products (cash and derivatives) in all asset classes
• Must possess strong mathematical skills.
• Outstanding presentation abilities
• Good grasp of technology and technical concepts
• Analytical and consultative approach to client engagements
• Equally comfortable working independently or as part of a team
• Ability to organize demanding workload and prioritize deliverables
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Japanese and English language fluency is essential, additional languages are a plus.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Advancing the ways the world pays, banks and invests