Platform Operations Analyst
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
The Finance team at Kraken is a group of specialists charged with managing the firm’s liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial controls and reporting functions for executive decision making, compliance, and audit readiness. Our work contributes directly to Kraken’s success. The newly created Platform Data Analytics and Accounting office within the Finance organization will define our financial data requirements, systems, and processes across all Kraken products, services, geographies, and legal entities.
As Kraken continues to expand the scope of services offered to our clients, the complexity of the exchange and the platform accounting function continues to evolve. We are seeking a Platform Accounting Analyst to partner with the existing Platform Accounting team to oversee all accounting and reporting activities related to the exchange platform, and develop sound accounting processes. You will work closely with Finance and other teams to plan, implement, improve, automate, test, and ensure the Platform Accounting team produces insightful data for management, improves the quality of our financial statements, and boosts our audit readiness.
What You'll Do
- Join an elite Platform Accounting team to drive improvements and automation for all internal processes
- Refine the current processes, automate, strengthen controls for major and minor activities going through the exchange
- Establish an exceptional Reconciliation team with strong internal controls to ensure all funding and trading transactions are accounted for and reconciled.
- Contribute to the improvement of the real-time reconciliation tool and maintain informative dashboards
- Work with the Accounting team to prioritize projects and audit readiness tasks
- Collaborate with the Data team to identify data and reporting needs for existing and new processes
- Draft process documentations and policies related to platform accounting processes
- Provide business requirements for new products and services (e.g. DeFi, new services, assets, geographies, or legal entities)
- Provides specifications and mock-up reports to improve data completeness, usefulness and accuracy
- Oversee the accounting for the OTC activities
- Communicate progress and challenges with management in a timeline manner and proactively suggest creative solutions and paths forward
- Liaise with external auditors for platform accounting matters
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Management Information Systems; CPA in good standing status is required;
- 2+ years of relevant experience in an accounting manager role in the financial exchanges, financial services or fintech industries; or Big 4 advisory experience in audit readiness for similar industries
- Experience using SQL to set up queries in a data warehouse.
- Strong passion for cryptocurrency, blockchain technology and DeFi.
- Familiarity with the controls testing and other audit methodology
- Ability to translate finance operational needs into technical data requirements
- Superior critical thinking, problem-solving and project management skills
- Ability to communicate complex topics and influence others
- Ability to establish strong working relationships across all functions and levels of management while managing competing priorities
- Experience in global organizations is preferred
Location: #EU #Canada #US #APAC
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Kraken Culture Explained
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We put the power in your hands to buy, sell, and trade digital currency