Senior Product Designer, Growth
Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to multiple different markets and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
As a Senior Product Designer in our Growth division, you’ll be working closely with rapidly growing cross-functional teams, you’ll have a mix of overseeing design across the group and be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to polished design.
The Growth group focuses on our website, how we sign up customers, and parts of our app experience.
This exciting role offers the opportunity to start your people's leadership path, starting with managing someone in addition to leading the design work in their group.
The role is 40% product design and 60% visual design and will involve frequent collaboration with product, engineering, brand, marketing, risk, data and UX Research.
If you're a designer who comes from a graphics / brand / UI background and now working as an end-to-end senior product designer on inhouse products, looking to take the next step into leading a team - this role is perfect for you!
- Lead the group’s design direction and manage a designer in the team
- Use design thinking around problem definition through to high-quality solutions
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into products useful and valuable for our millions of users
- Partner with PMs, engineers and researchers to oversee the user experience of a product, from conception to launch
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end product design
- Bring our brand to life
To help us level up, you'll bring:
- 5+ years working in interaction, product, or communication design.
- Have a portfolio of interaction, UX and visual design work that demonstrates your ability to solve customer problems and drive strong business outcomes, with experience on similar areas e.g. website, brand, acquisition, mobile apps
- End to end design experience on mobile apps and web
- Experience running lightweight, lean design experiments
- Experience working with and contributing to large-scale design systems
- Experience communicating with cross-functional teams
- Experience designing for diverse groups of people, including those with accessibility needs
This role can be remote anywhere in Australia, or join our hybrid model in our Sydney or Melbourne office.
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tap & Zip everywhere. Pay later.