Associate Project Manager - Consulting Services
MYOB is the #originalstartup. Our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we’re so much more! We’re building a business management platform to help more businesses in Australia & New Zealand Start, Survive & Succeed. Our team is continually transforming, inventing and disrupting conventions. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to add to it, and make it even better! This is MYOB.
Working as part of an Enterprise Consulting Services team you will be responsible for keeping the projects and all related processes running smoothly like coordinating the client’s requirements, team’s bookings, billing, client’s invoices queries, coordination of activities and implementing the best practice. This role supports the Professional Services team to keep our projects running efficiently and on time during delivery.
The focus of the Associate Project Manager role is medium complexity projects, or large (potentially complex) work orders, with medium delivery timeframes. The role is an intermediate project management role, requiring industry experience, commercial and strategic acumen.
KEY OBJECTIVES AND OUTCOMES
- Develop and manage project timelines, making certain that all scheduling conflicts are resolved with internal and external customers.
- Guide customer’s project manager and team on best practice approach to deliver a successful software implementation project, or BAU consulting work.
- Maintain regular and proactive contact with the stakeholders throughout the duration of each engagement to track progress of delivery and identify problems and issues.
- Ensure successful delivery –on time, on budget, within agreed scope and expected value/outcome for the customer.
- Project manage a small team of consultants, technical consultants including any subcontractors.
- Escalate significant issues or risks to Service Delivery Managers / Solution Managers.
Knowledge Experience And Expertise
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects with successful outcomes (on time and in budget)
- Experience in handling projects with team size up to three to five, and projects running from around 3- 6months.
- Proven project management skills to organize and manage cross-functional customers across different geographies
- Ability to coordinate complex projects, meet timelines and lead multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong commercial and presentation skills
- Excellent social skills and a collaborative management style
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
- Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
- Our partnership with Smiling Mind helps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
- Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
- A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
- Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
- Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every applicant.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and we champion diversity. Don’t meet every single requirement of this role? Still apply! Research tells us that that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply unless they meet every single requirement. At MYOB we believe that the right hire is someone who makes an addition to our culture, rather than someone who fits in and conforms to our status quo. Moving to ‘Culture Add’ means adding team members who not only value MYOBs standards and workplace culture, but also bring an aspect of diversity that positively contributes to MYOB. So, if you’re excited about this role, or about MYOB, we’d still love to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Easy online accounting for small business with invoicing, expense tracking, payroll and more