Senior Director, Global Digital Partnerships, Asia Pacific
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa’s Digital and Fintech Partnerships team is a client facing organization that sets Visa’s public digital narrative, develops commercial partnerships with industry leading brands, and manages the ongoing engagement with large and small Fintech players across the region.
The team are responsible for managing the commercial relationships with some of Visa’s most complex and highest growth partners, as well as developing the fintech sales narrative, tools, packaged programs and commercial support required to ensure Visa are the partner of choice for all Fintechs across Asia Pacific.
What a Senior Director, Global Digital Partnerships does at Visa:
The Senior Director, Global Digital Partnerships is responsible for managing the commercial relationships with a portfolio of clients - some of the most prominent fintech and techfin names in the world.
Additionally, The Senior Director Will
Based in Singapore, the Senior Director will work closely with stakeholders across the business (Acceptance, CyberSource, Risk, Finance, Product and Marketing, as well as in-market teams), to grow the relationship with Visa’s global digital partners. This includes executing partnership agreements that are typically highly complex, strategic and cross-functional in nature.
- Lead a team of 5 account executives (Director, Manager and Analyst level positions) responsible for the day-to-day execution of account plan activities.
- Manage executive relationships, ensuring client management disciplines are applied
- Identify commercial risks and opportunities relating to these partnerships
- Delivery growth outcomes for the portfolio of partners, including market and product expansion.
Why This Is Important To Visa
This is a high profile role, with responsibility for leading Visa’s partnerships with some of the highest growth and most complex companies globally.
These companies drive a large and growing share of Visa total payment volume, and are key contributors to Visa’s innovation roadmap and the evolution of the Visa network.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
What You Will Need
The Successful Candidate Will Have
The successful candidate will be an experienced business development professional and fintech sector expert, capable of developing and managing Visa’s key strategic relationships with major commerce ecosystems in the Asia Pacific region.
- Deep expertise in the payments industry
- Demonstrated experience leading complex, commercial partnerships, ideally in the digital or fintech domain
- Proven ability leading sales and account management teams to deepen client relationships
- Experience working across multiple markets in the Asia Pacific region.
- 15+ years relevant industry experience with a minimum of 10+ years of progressive experience in the sector, with related business development or strategy consulting roles
What Will Also Help
- Graduate of business management or other related discipline, post graduate qualifications preferred
- Outstanding executive communications skills as a spokesperson for fintech, innovation & strategic partnerships within Visa and across the industry
- Strategic, analytical thinker who consistently challenges the status quo and constructively challenges the team to aim for higher ground, change agent
- Vision and passion for our business, with high energy and intelligence
- Hands-on, entrepreneurial and nimble, while also able to navigate a globally matrixed environment
Project you will be part of:
- Build and lead the global Digital Partnerships team in AP
- Develop and execute against partnership plans focused on maximizing value to Visa
- Help our partners launch into new markets, and deploy new payment use cases.
- Manage the executive relationships within the partners, and within Visa (including functional heads, CM’s and GCM’s) to ensure successful partnership outcomes
Please Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in Singapore are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions