This job is no longer accepting applications.
Zip is a high-growth fintech, founded in Australia and expanding worldwide, with the purpose to give people the freedom to own it. We use technology and data to bring customers and partners together through a valued and fair payments experience.
Our strategic focus is underpinned by an aligned high-performance team, a reliable, secure and scalable platform, constantly-improving product experiences and a trusted consumer brand.
Zip is growing rapidly and globally; and our mission is to enable our consumers to choose Zip as their first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
We’ve built an amazing culture at Zip, and our teams are proud to work hard to provide innovative solutions to our customers and partners. Our values are central to everything we do: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together, and Raise the Bar.
Engineering @ Zip
At Zip, we build cloud-native software applications that serve millions of customers and process billions of dollars in payments. We use microservices, domain-driven design and event-driven architectures to ensure scalability and performance as we grow, and all this presents some fascinating engineering problems for our squads to solve.
We strive to create high quality software and deliver at a high pace. As such we utilise test driven development and continuous integration / continuous deployment tools, along with agile planning and iterative development techniques, and we really value clean code, good design and automated testing.
As a QE Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring quality assurance and the testing of Zip’s solutions within the engineering teams. You will be participating in the journey of creating seamless check out experiences for our partners across our portfolio of payment products. On a day to day, you will be reporting to the QE Manager and will work closely alongside the Product Owner to ensure quality assurance and a harmonious customer experience across the portfolio of Zip products.
- You will deliver high quality testing stories of existing and new products
- You will contribute to the maintenance of the regression suite
- You will contribute towards sprint planning and team cadence
- Actively collaborate on solving customer issues to ensure CX is maintained at a high level
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the test of Node.js , Angular.js and/or React.js based applications
- Strong experience in test automation of RESTful APIs
- Strong experience in writing automation scripts for front end web applications
- Experience working with CI Tools such as Bamboo or Jenkins
- Experience working within cloud-based environments – AWS preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent
- Exposure to source control using GitLab
We’re looking for someone who always finds new boundaries to cross - a future Zipster who will obsess over excellence and make constant improvements for our customers. We’ve removed the red tape here to get things done quickly, so if you see a problem, own the solution. You've gotta hustle at Zip!
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
- Flexible working culture
- Share incentive programs
- Generous paid parental leave
- Birthday and wellness leave
- Epic offices with a casual dress code
- Fun team with high-growth hustle
- Free breakfast and weekly lunches
- Heaps of social events
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tap & Zip everywhere. Pay later.