Lead Platform Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person.
Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including BraintreeFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Come and lead our platform software engineering team, and be the multiplying force. You will still be doing the techie coding stuff too.
Let’s talk about the role
Focussing on solving cross-cutting problems for the organization and other engineering teams, they are a creative cohesive group of highly intelligent engineers. They need a hands-on technical lead who’s excited to mentor them to the next level of platform solution engineering.
- Even though you’ll be leading a small team – don’t worry you’re still going to be a lead coder too (teaching by example)
- Uplift the design and build capability using evolutionary architecture and modern engineering practices
- Love engaging senior leaders, bringing people on a journey, and influencing decisions
Crucially you’ll be evolving our development toolkit:
- Golang, Python, Node.js, Java
- TDD, paired programming
- AWS ECS, Kubernetes, Lambda & AWS Batch Jobs, Step Functions, Spark
- Kinesis, Kafka, SQS, SNS, Firehose
- DynamoDB, RDS, S3, Athena
- Apigee (API Gateway), AWS Cognito, Okta (Identity Management)
- CI/CD (BuildKite & Ansible)
Let’s talk about you!
A polyglot Lead Engineer with commercial experience in AWS, CI/CD, distributed systems, event-driven applications, micro-services, container orchestration, and event-sourcing.
- Judgement (bring your knowledge of distributed computing, understanding the trade off’s)
- Dev-ops (be an advocate for dev-ops and agile ways of working)
- Team focused (experienced people leader of platform software engineers)
- Passion (always on the hunt for the next best tech, learn and network through conferences and meetups to understand what others are doing)
Sound like you?
That’s a good sign! In return for your energy and ideas, we offer genuine flexible family life/work balance e.g. adjusted days, hours. Health, well-being, and social initiatives to help you feel well and connected, as well as our hugely popular extra week of leave program.
We always support a safe, healthy, engaging, and productive working environment for all employees and workers, whether that be in your home an office or a combination of both.
We’re Latitude, partners in money
Digital payments, cards, loans, and insurance is what we offer - but what we really do is help people from all walks of life shop and live better.
Always living and breathing our values. Act Right, Show Care, Be Curious
We’re not engaging any recruitment agencies for this role, so if you’re interested. Please apply directly!
Successful applicants will be required to complete a background check (including criminal history and bankruptcy check) prior to commencement of employment. Only open to Australian or New Zealand Permanent Residents or Citizens
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're revolutionising how people borrow money so our customers can live better with good money habits