Senior KYC Operations Analyst
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
An exciting opportunity has come up for a full time position in the Know Your Customer (KYC) Operations Team. Our KYC Operations team is one of the most critical teams at Airwallex.
You will be one of the first points of contact for our new potential customers, assisting them with their applications in order to open an Airwallex account. You’ll be responsible for performing the required Know Your Customer (KYC) screenings on customers, documenting the information obtained on the client's as required by Australian KYC regulations.
Your duties will include liaising with customers via email to ensure they have a smooth onboarding experience, collecting and analyzing key information, reviewing cases completed by junior team members and helping execute our global operations processes.
For this role we are looking for someone who has experience in KYC operations and has a strong understanding of the Australian Anti-Money Laundering / Counter Terrorism Financing (AML/CTF) regulatory landscape. As we expand this function globally, we are looking for dedicated, proactive, high-energy individuals who have a passion for great customer experiences, protecting the community and want to work at Australia’s tech unicorn.
Who You Are
- You are a KYC expert - you have a passion for detecting AML/CTF risk and ensuring the community is protected against bad actors
- You are a life long learner and encourage the same in others - you are able to proactively identify and work to improve gaps in your own knowledge and you seek and openly share feedback so we can all get better together
- You are focused on a great customer experience – when you interact with customers you want to resolve problems as soon and as efficiently as possible to ensure a great customer experience
- You have an investigative nature - you know when to dive a little deeper to get to the bottom of a problem and solve it. You ask the right questions and make risk based recommendations
- You are a great communicator – you can provide clear, concise information to stakeholders; helping to cut through the regulatory jargon and ensuring team members understand the ‘why’ of KYC. You can advocate for the importance of strong KYC processes in a rapidly growing business
- You are a great team player – you’ll be working with people across diverse global offices and will need to work collaboratively with them
What You Will Bring
- AML/KYC knowledge & experience is a must! We are looking for someone with experience who hit the ground running with their KYC knowledge.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to spot red flags which might present a risk to the business.
- Growth mindset - Airwallex is growing quickly and we are looking for someone who wants to grow with the business.
- Strong organisational skills as you will be working on a variety of case types and managing multiple customers concurrently.
- A knack for identifying process improvement opportunities and an ability to proactively share feedback and ideas with management to help drive change.
- The willingness to learn new Compliance processes and develop skills at a fast pace.
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. You’ll be offered a competitive salary and we also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering businesses to operate anywhere, anytime