Vice President - Product Management (Acceptance)
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Vice President - Product Management (Acceptance)
The Head of Acceptance is responsible for the growth of Mastercard’s activity in merchant acceptance in Australia and New Zealand, aiming to increase the volume of payment transactions on MasterCard’s network as well as consolidating the leading position of the MasterCard brand in this space.
Leading a team of experts in merchant acceptance, the Head of Acceptance works in full synergy with the local sales and marketing team to grow existing business through multiple channels including acquirers, Payment Service Providers, payfacs, ISVs, merchants, fintech and other partners involved in the payment ecosystem.
As a senior executive with full ownership of MasterCard’s portfolio of acceptance products and services, the Head of Acceptance also leads strategic partnerships with key vendors and service providers bringing clear synergies to Mastercard in the Division, whether these partnerships are built on commercial agreements or through M&A initiatives.
- Develop and deliver a consistent product vision, strategy and product roadmap, in conjunction with regional and global teams, for our acceptance business go to market execution in Australasia
- Product integration: support Mastercard’s acceptance solutions, including the launch of new products and features, and structure the integration of these solutions into partner’s solutions when applicable. Recommend product enhancements as well as retirements, strategize ongoing product support in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Manage and optimize revenue budgets, forecasting, and cost allocation to enable the delivery of key business objectives
- Advocate for Program and Products by creating compelling business case communications for Senior and Executive Management in Division/Region/Global organisations
- Build, motivate and lead direct and cross-functional teams, leveraging trust-based relationships to deliver an efficient operating model
- Lead cross functional teams including Delivery and Servicing teams: GCC, CTS, Biz Ops, to ensure that Products are easy to deploy and deliver a great experience during operation
- Engage in scheduled Customer engagements to identify Product, functional, technical and service friction points, creating and owning the action plan to address them in partnership with internal teams such as Biz Ops/CTS/Global Product and Technical teams
- Understand the Software Development Lifecycle and partner with the Product Management-Technical and Software Development teams to ensure that the Program is delivering high quality working software effectively and efficiently.
- Navigate across cultures and geographies and leverages strong relationships with key groups across Mastercard to gain support and buy-in for key decisions
- Emulate and drive Mastercard Way behaviours through your behaviour, recognitions, coaching, and employee engagement.
- In your role as the Commercial lead: support sales and marketing, drive the company’s acceptance growth and development, identify opportunities, prepare business cases, and align with the division’s leadership team to gain consensus, set priorities, and secure resources across the organisation.
- In line with strategic objectives, lead the execution of commercial agreements with merchants, PSPs and acquirers
- Present to Senior and Executive Management in Division/Region/Global organisations on the Acceptance business financial performance versus key metrics
- Lead the strategic engagement of Mastercard and participate in all activities required for strategic partnerships to be successful for all parties involved, Mastercard, partners and acquirers. This includes regular engagement with partners at management, commercial and technical level, as well a liaison with divisional, regional and global Mastercard teams in product, market development and operations.
- In your role as the Acceptance lead – participate in the design of the company’s product strategy and roadmap addressing short term and long opportunities, competitive analytics and market trends by partnering with Mastercard product development teams to drive the successful development of new products and features.
- Other Partnerships: establish and grow additional partnerships to complement Mastercard’s organic product capabilities and deliver a richer value proposition for customers.
Reporting and engagement
This role will report to the Head of Processing and Acceptance, Australasia. You will also work closely with the Head of Acceptance – APAC, for strategic alignment
It will require engagement with key stakeholders from customers and partners:
- Partners: CEO, COO, technical lead, finance and legal.
- Mastercard: regional market development teams, APAC product leads, global product teams, legal, financial and corporate development teams. Close working relationship with all the Account Relationship teams in Division where applicable.
- Acquirers: senior executives from business and product teams, legal and commercial teams.
Skills and background
The Ideal Candidate Has
- Sound knowledge of the merchant acceptance industry payments value chain and key drivers within the payments industry, including emerging trends and pressures.
- Solid experience with industry key players – vendors, integrators, solution and service providers.
- Deep understanding of financial services and payment technology: payment ecosystem, process, S2A/S2I mechanisms, instore and online capture technologies: POS/EFTPOS terminals, TOP/POG, VAS platform, POS integration in the cloud, online payment gateway, omnichannel processing, payment technology interfaces: CP and CNP, digital issuing solutions etc…
- Sound knowledge of Mastercard acceptance products and solutions: Payment Gateway, VAS, fraud and onboarding, reporting and more.
- Experience in both large and small organisation – ideally the candidate will have experience in start-ups and entrepreneurships and blue-chip companies to understand both cultures, methods and governance to be the perfect bridge between the companies and secure this investment. Ideally the candidate held senior executive position in large corporate and/or new ventures.
- Experience in management, financial and legal to actively engage into the company’s operations and assess its performance.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including proven ability to work with and influence people across a matrix organization at all levels
- Leadership experience – ideally the candidate has led teams and organisations on a local and international coverage, with multiple skillsets to work with diverse stakeholders from Management, Sales, Technical, Legal, Finance and engage with senior executive from multiple partiers.
- Sound knowledge of the Australian and APAC market.
- Extensive background in product management and strategy & planning, with demonstrated experience developing segment and product solutions and strategies.
- Balance of strategic, commercial, leadership, and technical skillset with strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including proven ability to influence key stakeholders in complex business partnerships.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All Activities Involving Access To Mastercard Assets, Information, And Networks Comes With An Inherent Risk To The Organization And, Therefore, It Is Expected That Every Person Working For, Or On Behalf Of, Mastercard Is Responsible For Information Security And Must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities