Merchant Success Team Lead, Enterprise / Key Accounts (Remote, ANZ)
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Shopify powers millions of businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more.
Shopify is now permanently remote, and we’re working towards a future that is digital by design. That location you see above? Consider it merely an example of hundreds of potential locations across APAC where Shopify is hiring. Learn more here: https://www.shopify.com/careers/work-anywhere
At Shopify we believe in making commerce better for everyone including entrepreneurs and enterprise brands alike by providing the freedom for businesses to grow, adapt, and evolve. We give merchants the scalability, reliability and flexibility they need to build their businesses and create economic independence. Shopify helps power commerce experiences for millions of companies like Culture Kings, Youfoodz, HiSmile, Decjuba, JB Hi-Fi, and many more. We are building the tools and experiences for today’s leading brands and creating a level playing field for entrepreneurs who are just getting started.
We are building a 100-year company and the role of our Merchant Success team is to help high-growth, high-volume merchants thrive; as a leader of this enterprise / key accounts team, it will be essential that you are passionate about the success of our merchants. You will need to understand and communicate the value and mission of Merchant Success and work with many cross-functional stakeholders to drive results while continually developing the team.
The merchant experience is at the heart of everything we do and as a Merchant Success Lead you will be directly responsible for a team of Key Account Success Managers working as partners to our largest and most complex merchants that push the boundaries of our ecosystem and the industry. You will be in charge of owning your team’s development, growth and performance. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the enterprise commerce ecosystem, tenured experience with executive level stakeholder management, and strong proven leadership experience managing direct reports personal growth while driving impact to the business.
This is a remote position that will report to the Head of Merchant Success, APAC and is available within Australia and New Zealand, supporting mainly ANZ merchants with the ability to help influence strategy and support of other key account relationships across Asia Pacific.
- Lead a high impact merchant facing team to drive deep engagement, extract value and define areas of service delivery.
- Motivate the team to ultimately drive GMV growth, retain merchants, meeting or exceeding targets specific to adoption, growth, advocacy and health.
- Monitor and report team performance and impact to senior leadership on a regular basis including, but not limited to team benchmarking, KPIs, development, and project based work.
- Triage as a point of escalation while driving rapid resolution for issues and maintaining high satisfaction scores.
- Engage within regular executive business reviews to promote adoption and increase growth opportunities.
- Be an advocate for Shopify through networking, presentations, engagement, and facilitation of boutique and large scale industry events.
- Support the development of strategic merchant partnerships and build a loyal base that actively advocates for Shopify Plus.
- Serve as cross-functional leader across many Shopify teams – to ensure a unified, seamless merchant experience via process development, optimization and standardization.
- Strong cross-functional working relationships with our Global and Regional Strategic Accounts team to engage, partner, and execute within region
- Develop, coach and mentor the team to enable them to excel and grow within their roles.
- Identify areas of improvement and make recommendations based on data, analytics and best practices.
- Monitor tools, review data trends and recommend process improvements over time.
It would be great if you also had experience:
- Significant proven experience at the enterprise level across APAC in the Saas retail and omni channel commerce industries
- Passionate about people leadership with proven experience leading/hiring/building world-class teams.
- Strong business acumen and experience providing strategic advice to customers.
- Exceptional ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of personalities and departments.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the keen ability to multitask.
- Technical aptitude – quick to develop a deep understanding of new software and resources needed to amplify value + revenue generation.
- Understanding of ecommerce infrastructures, tech stacks, and enterprise level integrations with ability to speak across stakeholder groups from CTOs to ICs.
- Strong retail / commercial acumen and adept at navigating large complex organizations, matrixed decision-making, working with multiple stakeholders both internally and externally at both the executive and IC levels.
- Proven ability to analyze complex situations and develop actionable insights and tangible plans to lead a cross functional team towards key objectives.
- Demonstrate a high-degree of customer-centric thinking, behavior and track record of experience working cross-functionally between sales and support teams.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Anyone, anywhere, can start a business