Data Lake Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary:
The Product & Technology, China team is looking for a strong technologist to join the team Job Description – your experience in data products and services as well as data lake will be critical to your success in our hybrid cloud journey. You will build on your background for designing and implementing data products and data lake that has significant impact to our users and busniess. You will be innovative and hands-on as you work on cross functional teams to shape every aspect of PayPal China's infrastructure.
- Responsible to design, build our data products and services which is on top of data analytic platform on-premise Hadoop echo system at massive scale and cloud infrastructure.
- Responsible to design, build enterprise data lake. Build products and services to Code to bring data to data lake, transform data to common data model, perform governance of data
- Responsible to build core capabilities for data analytics
- Responsible for data governance, data catalog, data security, data modelling
- Responsible for data movement and integration, ETL
- Responsible for Elasticsearch
- Responsible for Dropzone
- Work closely with PayPal global teams to understand and implement various data platform components
- Solid hand-on skills on spark, informatica,
- Mastering of at least one development language, such as Python or Java.
- Experiences on experimentation platform, A/B testing in site, feature testing, Lighthouse analytics
- Experience on Product analytics
- Excellent documentation and verbal and written communication skills in Chinese and English
Experience in payments and financial services compliance, regulatory governance, payments ecosystems, payment processing flows is a plus
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal