Full Stack Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Thales people architect solutions at the heart of the defence-security continuum. Interoperable and secure information and telecommunications systems for defence, security, and civil operators, are based upon innovative use of radiocommunications, networks, and cybersecurity. We are ground breaking new digital technologies such as 4G mobile communications, cryptography, cloud computing and big data for use in physical protection systems, and critical information systems.
Thales established its presence in Singapore in 1973 to support the expansion of aerospace-related activities in the Asia-Pacific region. Throughout the last four decades, the company grew from strength to strength and is today involved in the primary businesses of Aerospace (including Air Traffic Management), Defence & Security, Ground Transportation and Digital Identity & Security. Thales today employs over 2,100 people in Singapore across all its business areas.
As a part of the Software Project team building innovative Security solutions for Homeland Security, Smart Cities and Critical Infrastructures, the Full Stack Developer will:
- Be responsible for the technical/solution designs, code development, and component test execution to demonstrate alignment to the product/functional specification of the solution.
- Develop and demonstrate a broad set of technology skills in web application technologies, micro service design patterns, Open Source libraries and frameworks, and technology architecture concepts.
- Collaborate with product/solution architects to create, implement and maintain the product/solution development roadmap.
- Ensure all work adheres to Thales software development methodologies and processes.
- Thoroughly document design to ensure the usability, supportability and maintainability of the developed solution.
- Perform sub-system installation, configuration and integration to support Security Digital Platform (SDP) POC/demo
- 3+ years of hands-on experience and expert knowledge of full web application development lifecycle of scalable micro-services-based architectures; including tools, best practices, continuous deployment, dependency/complexity management, scale/performance tuning, monitoring, resiliency, etc.
- Strong knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns
- Experience in SCRUM/Agile software development methodologies
- Strong technical knowledge and hands-on experience of software design and development methodologies
- Strong knowledge in Java and Angular
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Knowledge with Python, Spring, Go, .NET, PrimeNG, React, Node.js, MQ and Apache Kafka
- Good knowledge of container orchestration systems (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Azure, etc)
- Experience with relational/object-oriented storage (e.g. Postgres, , Cassandra, Mongo, etc.)
- Good knowledge related to Apache Hadoop (Hive, Pig, HDFS, HBase, MapReduce, etc).
- Experience with test automation tools and framework for web application
- Experience with setting up continuous integration (e.g. Gitlab CI, Ansible, Jenkins)
- Good communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re investing in digital and “deep tech” innovations to build a future we can all trust.