Director, Client Marketing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Client Marketing Director, reports to the Head of Marketing, AuNZSP and delivers strategic and tactical marketing value to our key clients in our Northern region within Australia, working closely with the client relationship team. This is a 12-month contract role
This role’s primary objective is to help increase Visa revenue via strategic client engagements that focus on offering tailored marketing campaigns and solutions.
This Role’s Key Responsibilities
Based in Sydney, the role will bring the “best of Visa” marketing to our key clients, working cohesively with the Visa marketing community locally and globally, Client Relationship Managers, Product, VCA and MS&A teams:
- Contribute to developing deep client partnerships by providing strategic, consultative and tactical marketing support including marketing analysis, insight development and campaign development to assist our client to drive Visa portfolio growth and new product adoption.
- Work with the Client Relationship Team to convert client incentives into tailor-made joint-marketing campaigns to drive acquisition, usage and retention
- High quality execution of agreed marketing programs, evaluating effectiveness and efficiency of the programs to continuously optimise performance.
- Determine best use of Visa assets aligned with client strategies.
- Manage agencies and vendors to ensure “client centric” view in the development and implementation of campaign.s
Marketing Strategy & Activities
- Develop strategies and go to market plans in close cooperation with local, regional and global stakeholders including product, Visa Consulting Services, Client Relationship Management and Merchant Sales & Acquiring
- Deliver marketing insights & data capabilities to drive deep partnerships with clients including proprietary research, studies and best practice benchmarking through the Visa marketing community
- Ensure client’s marketing needs are being met through cross functional & regional teams on insights, measurement & co-creation requirements.
- Provide in-depth understanding and analysis of payments industry, regulation, consumer trends and competition
- Ensure effective in-market communication of the future of payments (FOP) narrative
- Develop business case - Marketing Communication and Strategy Framework (MCSFs) - for key programs
- Review implementation of plans on an ongoing basis and provide guidance to external and internal stakeholders to ensure that KPIs are achieved
Finance & Administration
- Effectively manage agency partners including, Creative, Digital, Media, PR and BTL
- Manage marketing budget, forecasts, ATL, Digital and BTL production and media costs working with finance administration manager and team members
- Effective and efficient usage of Visa Global marketing assets i.e. Olympics and FIFA aligned with Visa and client local market needs
- Protect Visa via ensuring compliance with procurement, legal and financial control processes including Value in Kind (VIK), Entertainment Ticketing (VETS) and Sponsorship Asset policy
- Delivery of joint Visa/client objectives and marketing plans
- Project/program delivery
- Growth of the business development pipeline
- Consistently demonstrate Visa’s value & behaviours
- Client satisfaction scores (measured via annual client survey)
Experience & Leadership behaviours:
- Minimum of 10 + years relevant experience in marketing, ideally from similar industries such as Financial Services, Consultancy, Technology or Telecommunications.
- Marketing strategy and campaign management, particularly for multi-channel, digital centric acquisition and engagement campaigns.
- Consultancy approach and mindset.
- Effective relationship builder with an engaging client approach.
- Strong awareness of B2C and B2B marketing trends.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix decision making organization.
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills with high attention to detail.
- Marketing analytics including KPI tracking and return on investment analysis
- Market research briefing, analysis and insight development
- Media strategy / planning with awareness of agency remuneration models
- Budgets & forecasting
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, MS Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel. Ideally experienced in use of Salesforce platform
- Digital, social and mobile marketing proficiency
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions