Marketing Manager, Merchant Marketing, China
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Company DescriptionJob Description
The China marketing team is a passionate and dedicated team with a high performance culture. Key to Visa’s marketing agenda is the ability to use insight and data driven approach to identify business opportunity, drive Visa transactions, and grow revenues that helps transform Visa business through the planning and effective implementation & tracking of marketing strategies for Visa Brand, Products, Digital, Sponsorships and Promotion Partners across key stakeholders.
Deepening partnerships with merchants and acquirers are a critical component of Visa’s expand success and digital infrastructure strategy. Merchant marketing team is accountable for developing co-brand programs for merchant partners, developing merchant offers and drive VAS to engage issuers
What a Marketing Manager, Merchant Marketing Does At Visa
This role is responsible for assisting the development and execution of co-brand merchant marketing programs and campaigns to support the China merchant marketing strategy and agenda, and collaborate with local markets in driving merchant activations with tailor-made merchant offers. The Manager will also drive Marketing VAS to key clients focused on merchants and co-brands partnerships.
This role is based in Shanghai, with responsibilities covering Mainland China, reporting into Senior Director, Head of Marketing China.
Key Responsibilities Will Include
- Support the development and implementation of annual China key corridor merchant programs with strategic merchant partners.
- Gather and synthesize deep consumer insights on Visa’s target audiences
- Work closely with CRM, MSA and Product team to:
- Identify new Merchants and Merchant segments to establish new partnerships, that will drive Visa volumes and speed up adoption of Visa merchant solutions.
- Implement the integrated marketing plan for market entry key bets to achieve agreed business goals and execution priorities.
- Work with cross-functional teams and agency partners to create and gain alignment on the creative briefs and key performance measures
- Liaise with Consumer & Client marketing team on campaign B2B2C deliveries and develop template and communication tools for B2B issuer communication for Visa merchant initiatives
- Manage digital and social agencies to drive breakthrough innovative engagement and always on social strategy to promote via a strong data signal led approach
- Work with Senior Marketing Director to manage the measurement, analysis, and reporting of marketing program performance and its impact on business results and Visa brand
- Budget management and financial discipline for Proactively educate the Visa organization on market developments and merchant partner opportunities
Why this is important to Visa
A strong brand is vital to Visa’s success. This role will support the development of strong marketing program related to our merchant partners in China markets to support their growth and innovation agenda, while growing Visa’s share of payments.
Projects You Will Be a Part Of
- China key corridor merchant programs
- Market Entry key initiatives
- Managing the relationships within merchant partners, and within Visa (including cross functional team members) to ensure successful partnership outcomes
- Programs focused on the delivery of agreed partnership opportunities, typically across several markets
- Client pitches, presentations and business reviews
- Always-on digital & social media program development
What You Will Need
- A minimal 5 years marketing experience in the FMCG, retail, digital economy, technology service or financial industry with experience in brand management and brand communication
- Education: Bachelors’ or business/marketing or related field with marketing foundation; MBA is a plus.
- Demonstrate expertise in merchant marketing, partnership negotiation and co-marketing programs
- Proven track record managing agency partners and 3rd party technical vendors
- Good knowledge of XB business and XB eComm
- Digital savvy with solid experience in digital marketing practices (web, mobile, social and eComm)
- Strong project management skills focusing on quality of execution, delivery, and compliance
- Strong business sense and ownership with focus on measurable results
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in both oral and written English
What Will Also Help
- Demonstrated track record of analytical skills and data-led strategy formulation
- Build strong marketing account plan proposals based on our business partnerships focused on our goals.
- Strive to build long-term partnership focused on offering business solutions through marketing opportunities
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions