Senior Manager- Compliance
Nium: A global leader in modern money movement
At Nium, we are changing the world one transaction at a time. By eliminating the complexity in global payments, we are moving the world closer to a future of frictionless commerce. It’s our modular platform that helps businesses pay and get paid across the globe with services for pay-outs, pay-ins, card issuance, crypto-as-a-service, and banking-as-a-service.
Once connected to our platform, businesses can pay out in more than 100 currencies to over 190 countries - 85 of which in real time. Funds can be received in 27 markets, including Southeast Asia, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, India, and the US. Our growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries, including Europe (SEPA), the UK, Australia and Singapore. Nium owns a broad portfolio of payments licenses across 11 countries, enabling seamless global payments and rapid integration, regardless of geography.
And now we’re building a world-class team to help us bring our mission of powering a future of frictionless commerce to life. If you’re a risk taker, a maverick who embraces our values of simply, better, together. If you see the world as it should be, not what it is. If you’re a problem solver and a builder, then be a part of our element of success, and come join us today.
Where do you come into the picture?
Nium is looking for a high potential Senior Manager – Compliance to help develop and maintain all aspects of Nium’s Singapore Compliance programme. The role with have a keen focus on Singapore regulatory compliance and requires someone not only well versed in payments and financial services compliance requirements and frameworks, but also able to think creatively in aligning Singapore with the wider Nium Compliance programme.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance, Singapore, the role holder will be a subject matter expert on Singapore’s Compliance programme and a key point of contact for global and regional business and compliance teams.
What will a day Nium look like?
As a Senior Manager – Compliance, your responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Working closely with the Singapore Head of Compliance/MLRO, providing direction and help in driving the development of policies, procedures, and frameworks to ensure compliance with Singapore regulations, circulars, and regulatory advice.
- Advising sales, operations, and product on compliance risk-related matters arising from new business initiatives and/or changes in the regulatory requirements.
- Assisting the MLRO to ensure a speedy and appropriate reaction to any matter in which money laundering, terrorism financing, or sanctions issues are suspected.
- Conducting assurance on monitoring systems to ensure the effectiveness of Nium’s regulatory compliance as it grows and expands into new markets.
- Providing advice on new products and initiatives, including all regulatory requirements, while supporting business and IT through the provisions and implementation of new policies.
- Horizon scanning, interpreting and assessing regulatory updates, and acting as a subject matter expert in the latest regulatory developments, providing advisory, and working with product and operations to mitigate any risks.
- Liaising and coordinating with other country Heads of Compliance/MLROs in the APAC region regarding transaction monitoring, financial crime risks, reporting requirements, and regulatory submissions.
- Acting as a key representative in the Singapore Compliance Committee.
- 7+ years relevant AML/CFT experiences and expertise within a fintech, payments, or other financial institution.
- Strong understanding of MAS regulatory frameworks and decision-making processes, particularly as it pertains to the Payment Services Act of 2019, and (preferably) other Southeast Asian countries’ payment regimes.
- Excellent (written and spoken) English skills, allowing for clear and concise communication with all levels of stakeholder.
- Time management skills, with the ability to prioritize workload and multitask time‐sensitive analysis of financial activities.
- Experience in dealing with audits and/or regulatory examinations.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a complex organisation, across multiple cultures, geographies, and disciplines.
- High-level understanding of common management information software.
We, at Nium, are on a mission to transform modern money movement. We are driven by our co-created values of "seek the simple", "make it better" and "win it together".
These aren't just buzzwords; they're how we do business every day and owned by each and every employee at Nium. We create new rules and new possibilities for a world of open money.
We Are Looking For Owners Who Can
- Cut through chaos and ambiguity to simplify complexity at speed and scale
- Remain restless, brave and passionate, taking accountability to constantly create something better
- Transcend borders to collaborate with trust, empathy and compassion
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental plans
- Employee referral bonus program
- Work for a company whose values focus on career advancement, mentoring and transparency
- Generous PTO in addition to paid leave between Christmas and New Year
- Company-wide social events, happy hours, and so much more.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The World’s Payment Infrastructure in One API