Senior Consultant Corporate Affairs
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Melbourne CBD
Job Category: Banking and Financial Services,Marketing
Who are we?
We’re Judo Bank. A purpose-built challenger bank, built on old-fashioned values like integrity, trusted relationships and an enterprising spirit. Born out of a desire to reinvent the craft of relationship banking for the Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) market, and to challenge the status quo in a market dominated by the four major banks.
We started from a PowerPoint and a bold vision to make a difference in Australian business banking. In a few short years we have grown significantly and with offices in each state Judo Bank is one of the fastest growing new banks in the world. We’re proud to support Australian SMEs and are a business built on trusted relationships, putting our people and customers in the centre of everything we do.
Being agile and adaptive, we are purpose built to say yes, to make it easier for our customers to get the funding they need, when they need it. We pride ourselves on our personal relationships with customers, our diverse workforce and collaborative culture.
Now, about this role…
If you love:
- The opportunity to use your existing skills, grow and gain further experience across all areas of Corporate Affairs.
- Storytelling and the roll integrated communications campaigns and activity plays in engaging, informing and inspiring an audience.
- Working in a diverse and dynamic team where you can bring your own capabilities, experiences and knowledge to help Judo grow.
- The opportunity to work Full-Time or Part-Time at .6 or .8
Then this just might be…
Your dream job:
- Be instrumental in creating and executing clear internal communications that bring to life Judo’s vision, values and strategy through the creation of innovative, transformative and engaging communication. Provide general communications support and advice to key stakeholders within the business.
- Provide support to the Director Corporate Affairs on the roll-out of the corporate affairs agenda, including preparation of ASX materials and Judo’s external engagement activity.
- Help proactively find opportunities to build the profile of Judo’s management team and the brand across key business groups and influencers.
- Work in collaboration across the broader Judo team and with key stakeholders to ensure consistent alignment of Judo’s messaging and communications activity.
- ‘Bring the outside in’, by pursuing innovative and fresh communications approaches.
Desired Skills and Experience
A little bit about you…
The skills you’ve picked up along the way:
- An understanding of the political, media and external environment, and how that impacts a communications strategy.
- Ability to build strong, effective relationships with a range of senior stakeholders across the business.
- Ability to think flexibly and adapt plans depending on business priorities and issues quickly.
- First class writing and editing skills, and content writing experience for a variety of media platforms.
- A focus on delivery and outcomes.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- A creative and energetic mindset.
Your life pre-Judo:
- 7+ years’ experience in a similar position in a fast-moving environment in either corporate affairs, investor relations or government.
Judo’s culture sets us apart…
- Accountability – make the decision and own it. Do what you say.
- Performance – make today better, stronger and faster than yesterday.
- Teamwork – we’re not a team of champions, we’re a champion team.
- Trust – the foundation of our purpose and our relationships.
We are looking for people who are:
Resilient | Positive | Inquisitive | Hungry | Adaptive | Passionate | Courageous | Decisive | Hands on
What our team members say about us:
Our people are empowered to make decisions, take ownership, and have their say. Bureaucracy is left at the door and it’s all about the team. We are passionate about attracting, embracing and celebrating diverse talent. Judo is a place where everyone belongs, where our people and customers thrive because our unique differences make us collectively stronger. Our people work hard with our purpose in mind and have a lot of fun in the process – revolutionising Australian SME business banking and working in the best job they have ever had!
Some of our Perks:
- Annual incentive program
- 6 weeks’ annual leave
- Yearly happiness allowance to spend on your health, family, a charity or whatever makes you happy (not your gas bill!)
- Big life event leave
- Home office set up allowance when you first start
- Judo Staff home loan
- Flexible work environment
- Education assistance
- And much, much more!
If this is the perfect fit for you, please reach out – we’d love to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Boldly Backing Business