Bug Bounty Engineer 3
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
PayPal’s Bug Bounty team is growing, and looking for engineers that thrive working on diverse security vulnerabilities each week. In this role, you will triage, reproduce, and track issues reported to the Bug Bounty Program through effective communication with engineering teams, various PayPal business units, and additional stakeholders. You will also collaborate with the team to identify and drive improvements and growth within the program. Engineers in this role should understand how to quantify risk and be capable of discussing the impact of a security finding to a wide variety of audiences.
- Triage vulnerability reports from the Bug Bounty Program
- Objectively assess risk to the company and our customers
- Reproduce and document additional details for partner teams to mitigate and remediate issues based on priority
- Partner and collaborate with research community as necessary to manage reports, the program, or other needs
- Communicate and collaborate with internal stakeholders to drive the vulnerability lifecycle within SLAs
- Consult with security teammates to provide security guidance to engineering teams where needed
- Learn the tools and techniques being used in order to build PoC’s, understand trends, and aid in decisions that improve the overall program
- Effective communications skills, both written and verbal
- Foundational understanding of common types of vulnerabilities with the ability to analyze, reproduce, and determine impact
- 2+ years of security testing experience, including web and mobile applications
- Experience in one or more of software development, security penetration testing, vulnerability management, or application security
- Demonstrated ability and desire to learn and develop new security concepts, techniques and tactics
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience as a security researcher on Bug Bounty programs a plus
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
To learn more about our culture and community visit https://about.pypl.com/who-we-are/default.aspx
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
REQ ID R0097911
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, con...