Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Melbourne or Sydney; other locations will be considered
Job Category: Risk
Who are we?
We’re Judo Bank. A purpose-built challenger bank, built on old-fashioned values like integrity, trusted relationships and an enterprising spirit. Born out of a desire to reinvent the craft of relationship banking for the Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) market, and to challenge the status quo in a market dominated by the four major banks.
We started from a PowerPoint and a bold vision to make a difference in Australian business banking. In a few short years we have grown significantly and with offices in each state Judo Bank is one of the fastest growing new banks in the world. We’re proud to support Australian SMEs and are a business built on trusted relationships, putting our people and customers in the centre of everything we do.
Being agile and adaptive, we are purpose built to say yes, to make it easier for our customers to get the funding they need, when they need it. We pride ourselves on our personal relationships with customers, our diverse workforce and collaborative culture.
Now, about this role…
If you love:
- Leading the uplift of risk maturity and operational risk profiling activity across the division
- Assisting with driving a risk culture through engaging / educating the business
- Working in a diverse workforce where you can bring your own capabilities, experiences and knowledge to help build the foundations of Judo
Then this just might be…
Your dream job:
- Supporting the Head of First Line Risk in driving risk management excellence and cultural change across our ITEP (Insights, Technology, Experience & Product) division
- Chairing the divisional risk committee
- Working with the business identify and initiate actions to mitigate risks and to strengthen controls, including issues identified through assurance, audits and other external processes
- Monitor issues and incidents across the business and compliance to the Risk Management Framework and leading the change to uplift maturity
- Engage with business leaders and Line 2 Risk to determine optimal course of action to remediate any significant issues within the division, where they arise
- Embed operational risk in all business transformation / business growth projects
- Contribute to the broader Judo business via active engagement with the Leadership
Desired Skills and Experience
A little bit about you…
The skills you’ve picked up along the way:
- Strong knowledge & experience of understanding operational risk and compliance frameworks and internal / external audit processes
- Demonstrated experience within a similar role with knowledge of the Australian Financial Service regulatory & compliance landscape
- Background in technology risk preferred
- Ability to analyse complex business processes & articulate these to all levels of stakeholders.
- Pragmatic thinker in decision making across customer, business and risk management outcomes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to determine delivered risks arising from projects and business change
Your life pre-Judo:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in banking/financial service/other relevant industry
- 8 years’ experience in Operational Risk management roles.
- Strong reasoning ability and negotiation / influencing skills, across a range of stakeholder groups
- Extensive stakeholder experience with the ability to influence senior managers.
- Experience working in a rapidly growing business environment
Judo’s culture sets us apart…
- Accountability – make the decision and own it. Do what you say.
- Performance – make today better, stronger and faster than yesterday.
- Teamwork – we’re not a team of champions, we’re a champion team.
- Trust – the foundation of our purpose and our relationships.
We are looking for people who are:
Resilient | Positive | Inquisitive | Hungry | Adaptive | Passionate | Courageous | Decisive | Hands on
What our team members say about us:
Our people are empowered to make decisions, take ownership, and have their say. Bureaucracy is left at the door and it’s all about the team. We are passionate about attracting, embracing and celebrating diverse talent. Judo is a place where everyone belongs, where our people and customers thrive because our unique differences make us collectively stronger. Our people work hard with our purpose in mind and have a lot of fun in the process – revolutionising Australian SME business banking and working in the best job they have ever had!
Some of our Perks:
- Annual incentive program
- 6 weeks’ annual leave
- Yearly happiness allowance to spend on your health, family, a charity or whatever makes you happy (not your gas bill!)
- Big life event leave
- Home office set up allowance when you first start
- Judo Staff home loan
- Flexible work environment
- Education assistance
- And much, much more!
If this is the perfect fit for you, please reach out – we’d love to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Boldly Backing Business