Head of Sales, ANZ
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Purpose Of Role
This role presents a fantastic opportunity to lead the ANZ Sales and Partnerships team (8+ people) to achieving significant new business acquisition targets.
You will demonstrate, leadership, motivation and great people skills in order to consistently inspire direct reports. You'll help create a sustainable model for future growth as well as constantly improving the strategic goals of the team.
What You’ll Do
- Directly accountable for, but not limited to, the PnL for all New Business Sales channels including, Direct Outbound, Inbound, Partnerships and outsourced sales across the two B2B desks (Corporate and eCommerce).
- In conjunction with the Country Manager (CM) ANZ, you will formulate the sales strategies for the sales team, presenting and highlighting a business case for change or new opportunities.
- In conjunction with the CM ANZ develop YoY budgets & strategic Business Plans for each channel with accountability for achieving budget and remaining within agreed expenditure targets.
- Accountable for the development and management of the Sales triangles for each member of your team and report against these to the CM ANZ and global leadership on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Accountable with your team for identifying industries where our product solutions solve “pain points”, therefore allowing WorldFirst to scale and become experts for those identified industries.
- Identifying further growth opportunities across the region, acting as key member of the ANZ Commercial Leadership Team in providing market validation and building “go to market” strategies for each new territory.
- Responsible for daily/weekly/monthly reporting to the CM ANZ on the performance of the desk and interpreting the data/providing commentary on the commercial areas including challenges, successes and opportunities for growth. Develop action plans to overcome the challenges, ensure more of the successes and take advantage of the opportunities.
- Line management of your direct reports, ensuring clear goals are set and they understand what "high performance" looks like ensuring underperformance is also managed appropriately.
- Accountable for the development of sales presentations and proposals to senior management and the global leadership team as and when required.
- Responsible for representing the ANZ team on global calls specifically relating to Sales and Partnerships.
- Direct accountability for motivating your teams to achieve their monthly/annual targets.
- Direct responsibility for the identification and acquisition of new Partners while ensuring the retention & growth of existing Partners across ANZ.
- You'll be accountable for analysing customer metrics to understand the channels through which your sales desks are acquiring leads and then ensure, as a customer of the ANZ and global Marketing teams, you work collaboratively with them to grow the number of leads.
- In conjunction with the CM ANZ, develop and implement strategies for business expansion and client acquisition, conversion and retention.
- Responsible for creating a detailed training programme for your direct reports to ensure they are delivering optimal service for clients, utilising as many products/services as possible, while ensuring ‘best practice’ is implemented at all times
- Responsibility for growing the team in a way that is scalable with responsibility for the recruitment and on-boarding of new employees. Required to submit quarterly headcount forecasting while working with our People Partner to develop capacity metrics for each role and agree expectations for future hiring.
- Responsible for ensuring you and your team are up to date with the latest products and services to proficiently sell this to the customer, representing WorldFirst with the utmost professionalism & integrity.
- Responsible for ensuring you and the team are aware of necessary Compliance regulations through effective training and managing customer complaints appropriately.
- Be a key member of the ANZ management team and a thought leader for growth within the Sales remit and wider business.
Who You Are
- Be an experienced executive manager with exceptional leadership skills; ensuring commitment and drive for your team, in a high energy working environment.
- Extensive experience managing a multi-channeled sales team with a regional remit
- Extensive experience managing remote sales teams.
- Have experience in launching new products, entering new markets and developing go-to-market strategies.
- Experience in presenting to exec level decision makers internally and externally.
- Have a proven track record within business development, sales and account managing teams; including Cold Calling and face to face; ideally within Financial Services.
- Ability to think strategically about sales channel improvements, getting agreement from relevant internal partners and working on Business Opportunity Cases.
- Extensive experience using SalesForce for, but not limited to, pipeline management, cadence and reporting.
- High proficiency in the use of excel.
- Customer focus; ensuring the team delivers exceptional client service throughout the sales process.
What We Offer
From day one you'll find yourself part of our friendly, innovative and internationally collaborative team. As well as a high performing culture, where staff are empowered to take chances and build real connections.
- A competitive salary and stock option commensurate with experience
- Medical insurance from Day 1
- Perks, including; free breakfast & fruit, business casual dress code, bi-annual company parties and more!
WorldFirst is an Equal Opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing a welcoming environment where inclusivity is the norm, and our employees genuinely feel they can bring their whole true self to work.
WorldFirst welcomes conversation around flexible working arrangements.
WorldFirst is happy to offer additional support throughout the interview process where needed.
Who We Are
WorldFirst is an innovative global payment platform, helping businesses and people prosper by making the movement of money around the world faster, easier, safer and cheaper. Dedicated to driving pioneering technology, our growth is driven by our product development and international expansion, enabling us to power the next generation of global businesses.
Since our inception in 2004, we have been setting a new standard for the foreign exchange market and have transferred more than $70bn to date. Our diverse team of 650 specialist individuals span across 8 global offices, helping over 250,000 customers worldwide receive outstanding product offerings alongside dedicated award-winning customer service
Our mission to build the world’s best financial services platform for international commerce accelerated upon joining the Ant Group. Ant supports over 1.2 billion customers and is dedicated to using technological infrastructure to provide inclusive financial services to individuals as well as small and micro businesses. Together, we believe financial services should be simple and we share Ant’s vision of "bringing the world equal opportunities”. Becoming an Ant company allows us to leverage one of the largest global commerce ecosystems with a platform for long-term growth across our key markets.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The smart way to collect, convert and make payments globally