Project Manager Senior - Technology
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in finance and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What You Will Be Doing
- Builds and provides direction and day-to-day operations to the PMO. The Scope may include technical and/or non-technical programs for a FIS segment or division.
- Oversees and provides guidance to the personnel responsible for the organization’s portfolio of projects. Defines and develops project / program management best practices, processes and policy to ensure alignment with corporate strategy and goals.
- Partners with multi-departmental leadership and other stakeholders to locate opportunities and develop and prioritize projects according to relevant measurement criteria.
- Maintains the efficiency of important aspects of the project management process such as planning, scheduling and budget and risk assessment. Provides executive management with forecasts of available resources and program status.
- Supervises project and program managers to ensure all projects within the scope of the PMO are delivered within defined scope, quality, time, and cost requirements.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What You Bring
- Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
- Knowledge of the industry project management best practices, i.e., Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Have knowledge of Loan servicing, Syndication, Loan Accounting, Accruals, Payments, Covenants & Collateral.
- Knowledge of various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles, e.g., conversions, incremental, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and the correct project application
- Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry , e.g., ISO, CMM, Six Sigma
- Knowledge of the financial services industry
- Knowledge of FIS products and services
- Advanced skill in use of project management software to manage projects, e.g., MS Project and auxiliary tools, such as earned value database, audit tools, project repository, including risk, issues and action items database, SLIM Estimate, Metrics and Control, PlanView, Platinum Process Continuum
- Demonstrated skill in managing project budgets and timelines
- Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach an agreement when viewpoints vary
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with executives at both FIS and clients
- Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments that are sensitive in nature
What We Offer You
A competitive salary and benefits.
Great work spaces with dedicated and motivated colleagues.
A variety of career development tolls, resources and opportunities.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Advancing the ways the world pays, banks and invests