Technical Program Manager, APAC
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Our mission is to reduce the barriers faced by large and emerging businesses around the world by abstracting away the complexities of payments. The Global APAC team is responsible for building the payments products & infrastructure needed to launch new markets and process payments on new and existing payment methods successfully throughout APAC.
As a technical program manager, you will be responsible for driving the technical future of Stripe’s platform, products and infrastructure, leading cross-functional initiatives, which span the breadth of engineering. You will be responsible for major product and infrastructure initiatives with the highest degree of complexity. You will be an active contributor to Stripe’s overall global strategy, drive technical decision making and identify alignment gaps across Stripe’s product portfolio.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience not just delivering programs on time—you are discerning about product/infrastructure architecture and obsessed with quality, reliability & correctness.
- A track record of providing program management during all phases of software development from kick-off to ship, demonstrating critical thinking and thought leadership.
- Deep technical knowledge, you are not satisfied with just letting products be built, but thrive to understand the inner workings of software and systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, building strong relationships with stakeholders and teams around the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to drive internal and external process improvements and efficiency across multiple teams and functions. Being able to successfully multitask is a must.
- Experience operating autonomously and leading large-scale efforts across multiple teams and functions, with stakeholders in different disciplines across time zones.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale platforms, infrastructure, data and organizations.
- Experience leading initiatives with a global footprint having built APIs, products, and complex systems/infrastructure at scale.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfil its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Payments infrastructure for the internet.