This job is no longer accepting applications.
Where We Play
WooliesX Hub is based is based 2 minutes walk from Central station and walking distance from all the cafes and restaurants that Surry Hills has to offer. The brand new site has been designed to support flexible working with different spaces for different activities such as collaboration, brainstorming or just chilling out.
At WooliesX, we also believe in flexible working, and our teams also have the option to work from home or our corporate head office in Bella Vista.
What we are looking for?
WooliesX is looking for Technology Lead to join the squads in the eCom - Smart Fulfilment tribe. The tribe primarily focuses on the various systems and platforms that make picking, delivery and collection of all orders from our website and mobile app.
The Tech Lead will work in a team of 3-5 engineers, a Product Manager, BA and QAs/test engineers to uplift the online platform that powers Australia’s leading supermarket with significant growth plans. The Tech Lead will be responsible for maintaining coding quality, design and implementation of new and agreed architectures etc. They will also participate in forums within the tribe to share knowledge, experience, best practices and collaboratively redefine the new architecture of the systems. The candidate will be expected to raise the standard of Engineering.
Our Ideal Candidate
You’re driven by a customer mission and passionate about being part of a tribe of great people. Whatever you love - design, technology, engineering, you’re active in the community that sits around it.
You orient around doing what’s meaningful, purposeful and delivers value. You’re excited about being part of a digital transformation and disrupting one of Australia’s biggest companies through its new tech venture.
- You’re curious and empathetic, with an eye for the bigger picture. You deal with complexity by collaborating with colleagues, listening to customers, testing ideas and continuously learning. You take authorship for what you create.
- We’re looking for someone with a passion for modern technology and an interest in e-commerce.
- You will be a team player with excellent communication skills.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and will thrive on analysing problems, formulating solutions, and making those a reality.
- You have a passion for quality and know what best-in-class engineering looks like and want to help drive the journey.
- You’re an engineer with years of experience dealing with complex problems at scale.
- You ‘get’ agile and feel comfortable giving input on team processes.
- You’re involved in the Software Engineering community. You enjoy attending meetups, conferences, have a blog or a GitHub portfolio.
- You enjoy being part of every part of the Software development lifecycle. You can own the code from inception through to Production.
- You want to be part of a Digital Transformation and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Not afraid to speak up in cross-squad and tribe conversations about engineering best practices.
You don’t have to have worked in retail or with a big corporate, but you might have. Or you may have invested your talent in startups, digital SMEs or management consultancies. What you do need is to know how you could contribute to our teams. Be interested and interesting!
- Develop high quality, scalable and performant solutions.
- Work collaboratively with Product Owners, BAs and Engineering Team.
- Lead on technical delivery of the squad, from designing solutions to deploying them and ensuring correct operation.
- Identify talent, assist in recruiting and onboarding new engineers and build strong teams.
- Coach, mentor and help the engineers in the team to improve their skills.
- Coordinate with other Tech Leads and the architecture team on best practice and ensuring all squads are aligned.
We Need You To Have
- Demonstrable tech leadership experience.
- Strong experience in modern engineering practices and disciplines.
- Ability to stay calm in challenging circumstances and work through problems methodically.
- Ability to question decisions and challenge the status quo.
- Be details oriented.
- Good understanding of Agile & Lean delivery principles. Provide input to team processes.
And These Technical Skills
- Strong .NET skills including C#, ASP.NET MVC, .NET Core, WebAPI and Entity Framework
- Demonstrable experience in Unit Testing Principles
- Always-on microservice architecture
- REST APIs
- Strong MS SQL Server including performance optimisation
- Experience with CI/CD, infrastructure as code, DevOps, automation
- Experience with event streaming, service bus or message queues (Azure Event Hubs, Kafka, RabbitMQ or similar)
- Strong understanding of web security (OWASP TOP 10, etc.)
- Azure experience or another cloud provider
It Would Be Nice If You Had
- Working with Docker containers
- Experience in working with NoSql databases
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Castle Windsor or another IoC container
What's In It For You
- An attractive remuneration package
- The opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia
- Training and Education - We pride ourselves in helping you realise your potential and give you the opportunity to be innovative
- An exciting career - As our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via www.wowcareers.com.au. #LI #work180
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Reimagining the everyday