Data Engineer 3
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary:
Data Engineer 3 for GFC data solution
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering.
- 3+ years working in data engineer or a similar role in large enterprise data warehouse team preferred.
- Solid programming/scripting skills, like Java, Scala, Unix/Linux Shell Scripting, etc.
- Good understanding of database principles and SQL beyond just data access
- Good understanding of Data Modelling Concepts, experience with modelling data and metadata to support relational & non-relational database implementations; experience with building Logical and Physical data models.
- Familiar with various big data technologies, open source data processing frameworks. E.g., Spark, Flink, Hadoop, HBase, ElasticSearch, Hive, etc.
- Good understanding of data processing, data structure optimization and design for high scalability, availability, reliability and performance.
- Good understanding of REST-oriented APIs, understanding of distributed systems, data streaming, Complex Event Processing, NoSQL solutions for creating and managing data integration pipelines for Batch and Real Time Data needs.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Work and collaborate well with executives and customers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal