Data Engineer – Technical Lead
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary:
Senior Big Data Engineer
Job Title: Senior Big Data Engineer
- Works with PayPal Business and Product teams to define Big Data solution requirements for one of the largest data platforms in the world.
- Design, Develop and Maintain Big Data application/solutions using Java, Scala, Spark and other Big Data Technologies in Cloud environment.
- Develop high-quality code with unit and regression tests.
- Provide data in a ready-to-use form to data analysts and data scientists for Business insights, predictive analytics, Machine Learning, etc.
- Work with cross-functional teams in an agile environment
- Look for improvement opportunities with business impact using new technology
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related subject
- 5+ years working experience in Object-Oriented programming: Java, Scala, Python
- Excellent in Spark and Big Data technologies, such as Hive, Pig, Storm, Flink …
- Good knowledge of Data Warehouse or Data Lake development
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Experience in Cloud, such as GCP, AWS, Azure, Aliyun is a big plus
- Experience in Unix Shell Scripting, Relational Database is a plus
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal