Specialist – Payment Screening, Digibank
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We design and provide products and services that empower our customers to enjoy greater banking convenience while they extract more value from their money. In particular, we are focused on promoting and developing healthy saving and investment practices across generations.
Get to know the Role:
We are living in exciting times. Technology is reshaping how we live and we want to use it to redefine how financial services are offered, which is why Singtel and Grab are coming together. Singtel is Asia’s leading communications group connecting millions of consumers and enterprises to essential digital services while Grab is the leading technology company in Southeast Asia offering everyday services to consumers. Together, we have big dreams to unlock and financial inclusion for people in our region is just one. We want to build a digital bank with the right foundation - using data, technology and trust to solve problems and serve customers.
We’re looking for a Payment screening Specialist who will be responsible to ensure a smooth operation of Payment Screening functions within the Digibank. He/she will be involved in the day-to-day operations of payment screening activities, including review of escalated alerts flagged by the Bank's payment screening system. In addition, to prepare monthly statistics for Management Reporting.
The day-to-day activities:
- Maintain and implement Digibanks’s payment screening guidance. Good understanding of local AML / sanction regulations (e.g MAS626) & guidelines relating to payment screening. Additionally, candidate must be able to conduct payment screening related trainings and continuously improve effectiveness of payment screening related controls.
- Review of payment screening alerts independently and efficiently.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to establish and improves effectiveness of payment screening processes. To participate in payment screening related discussion with various stakeholders.
- Set objectives and deliver results that have significant impact. Work closely with product/ tech teams to design payment screening solutions, facilitate User Acceptance Testing and implementation as part of effective operations handling.
- Good communication skill; Explain facts, practice and policy to parties where there may be skepticism or reluctance to agree
- Be innovative (such as including technology solutions) and participates in New Products assessment. Modify, identify problem and update or modify working methods in the absence of well defined procedures. Deliver with limited guidance.
- Take ownership and accountability, supports overall AML strategic program.
The must haves:
- A good diploma / university degree.
- At least 5 years of relevant hands-on payment / name screening experience.
- Good practical working knowledge with the consumer retail/ small & medium enterprises banking segments.
- Problem-solving, positive and constructive attitude is a must.
- Understanding of various commercial payment screening surveillance / monitoring systems and familiar with different risk scenario and used cases for performing UAT.
- Experience in analysing and quantifying complex strategic issues tied to payment screening activities / surveillance.
- Hardworking, ambitious, self-driven and highly motivated individual who can work well in a startup VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) environment. Should have a deep desire to excel and develop a career in a fast growing tech company. Should have demonstrated integrity and respect in the performance of their duties.
Good to have:
Certification as an AML professional (e.g CAMS / Diploma n AML) with a recognized institution will be an advantage.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Drive Southeast Asia Forward with us