Senior Manager, People Strategy
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
You will have the opportunity to define and lead on people and talent initiatives across the employee lifecycle: employee growth and development, employee engagement, organizational effectiveness, employee experience organizational design and operating model. Initiatives may include business transformation projects, process improvements, new system implementation, talent management, culture and values definition as well as other initiatives that impact people's experience at Airwallex. This role requires a team player that thrives in a fast-paced environment and is adaptable to change. This role is extremely cross-functional and demands an ability to connect the dots across various levels of stakeholders and partners.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to support the company’s goals related to the employee lifecycle.
- Work on impactful initiatives such as evaluating the Airwallex employee experience through the lifecycle and identify key metrics, opportunities, and gaps that align with Airwallex’s culture, growth, and mission
- Leverage data, analytics, and research to support the development of talent strategy, workforce planning, and compensation decision-making
- Develop key people strategies and drive key people priorities across regional teams
- Work closely with stakeholders and partners globally to solve complex organizational challenges through people related solutions and deliver best-in-class programs
- Get to the root cause of issues, identify opportunities, design and implement solutions that cut across multiple disciplines, even those beyond people and organizational solutions.
- Join a team that is building and scaling key employee programs, including performance management, engagement surveys, succession planning
- Have the opportunity to rotate through our People & Talent pillars and have the opportunity to develop to having direct reports
- Support our leaders in enabling strategic planning and operations for the People Team, tracking OKRs, and establishing internal processes for our growing global HR organization
- Someone who enjoys ‘getting things done’ and finds ways to drive tangible outcomes
- A strategic thinker and analytical in your approach to developing strategies
- Success-oriented and hold yourself accountable for delivering key outcomes
- Someone who works collaboratively with people at all levels and across functions and cultures
- Someone with the ability to synthesize and communicate in a simple but effective manner
- Experience navigating a high degree of ambiguity in high velocity organizations. Background in working at a fast pace and across many types and altitudes of work
- Experience working with all levels of employees from entry-level to senior leadership
- Entrepreneurial multi-tasker who can balance thinking strategically and acting operationally, even when facing ambiguity and complexity
- Experience managing large scale enterprise-level change initiatives, including creating an awareness campaign, delivering training, proactively managing resistance and developing an action plan for leaders/managers
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Proven experience delivering effective customer service to project stakeholders
You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or advanced degrees a plus
- 5+ years of experience including graduate studies
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, rapidly-growing workplace
- Proven ability to work independently in a dynamic environment
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills: Quickly evaluates situations, combines strong business judgment and people intuition to reach well-founded decisions
- Experience developing long-term strategies backed by data-driven narratives
- Strong project management skills, capable of seeing cross-functional initiatives from design through implementation while keeping stakeholders appropriately engaged
- Professional and commercial acumen, with strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills and the ability to communicate effectively with senior leaders and employees across the organization
- Previous strategic and consulting-focused management with C-level stakeholders is highly advantageous.
- Best-in-class strategy consulting or organizational management experience (ideally relating to People or People Strategy)
- Able to thoughtfully craft programs that support an engaging and inclusive work environment
If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. You’ll be offered a competitive salary and we also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering businesses to operate anywhere, anytime