Senior/Staff Data Engineer
What we do
Currently operating in 60+ countries and processing up to 7 million transactions a day, Coda Payments (https://www.codapayments.com/) helps game developers and publishers like Riot Games, Tencent, Garena, EA, Moonton, and other leading digital content providers to monetize their products in places where credit and debit cards aren’t widely used. We establish partnerships with a wide range of alternative payment channel operators who make it possible for customers to pay in other ways: paying cash at retail, using a mobile wallet, making a bank transfer, or redeeming a prepaid card.
Coda also allows publishers to accept payments through these various methods on their own website or at our gaming e-commerce site - codashop.com.
About Coda Technology
At Coda, we operate a high volume payments and e-commerce business, and we’re expanding rapidly. We need to build high-scale, distributed systems that can gracefully handle massive spikes in traffic. We also have an ambitious feature roadmap, so using state of the art tools to automate our development lifecycle is crucial to moving fast. We believe in autonomous teams, and we use modern technologies and the latest in cloud infrastructure.
Most importantly, we hire great people and empower them to drive Coda’s technology and products forward. We believe that the best ideas can come from everyone, so we encourage taking ownership and maintain a culture of servant leadership that allows engineers to drive features.
Working at Coda
Life at Coda is fast-paced, challenging, and fun. As a rapidly growing global company, we’re always looking to step up and adapt to changes quickly; there is never a dull day at Coda.
We make things happen in the most impactful and effective manner. If you are always eager to initiate new ideas, hungry to contribute more, derive satisfaction from team wins rather than individual ones, and value integrity, you will fit perfectly into the Coda team!
About the role
As a Data Engineer, you’ll be joining a cross-functional team of other Data Engineers and Data Scientists and will be focussing on designing, building and optimizing infrastructure that will have a real impact on business performance.
At Coda, you will be working with diverse datasets including our hundreds of millions of transactions processed across hundreds of different payment channels, such as e-wallets, credit cards, direct carrier billing and over the counter by gamers and digital content consumers in 50 countries around the world.
You will be part of a growing team, and there will be limitless opportunities to be hands-on and to take on exciting new projects to showcase your abilities
We take great pride in developing individuals and well-rounded teams' careers and your managers and peers will guide and support you through your journey at Coda.
- Building and maintaining high-performance data systems that enable deeper insights for all parts of our organization.
- Developing ETL/ELT pipelines for both batch and streaming data
- Designing data flows for real-time, analytics and ML workloads
- Designing architectures for data acquisition
- Improving data pipelines performance by implementing industries' best practices and different techniques for data parallel processing
- Preparing data for predictive and prescriptive modelling
- Working with data scientists and productionize machine learning algorithms
- Working with data analysts to automate and optimize reporting and BI infrastructure
- Improving and maintaining data quality
- Communicating effectively with stakeholders
- Experience in working with large datasets in both batch and real-time
- Good understanding of data structures, data architecture techniques and data warehousing
- Expertise in Python and SQL
- Knowledge and practical experience in one or more back end programming languages (Java, Scala, Kotlin, Groovy, Go, C/C++, Rust, Python, C#, etc.) and the ability to learn new programming languages quickly
- Experienced in designing complex DAGs in Airflow or similar technology
- Experienced in working with world-class data platforms such as Teradata, Oracle, Hadoop, Spark
- Good understanding of Machine Learning concepts and productionizing ML models
- Experienced in working with data streaming tools such as Spark Streaming and Kafka
- Experience in maintaining and scaling complex ETLs
- Experienced in developing scalable data warehouse in accordance with either one of GDPR-EU, CCPA-US, LGPD-BR or PDPA - SG
- Experienced with AWS or GCP
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on gender, race, age, religion, disability, or other local protected class. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive environment for all employees, and we welcome the diversity that you will bring!
If you are looking for a rapid-growth environment and great teams to work with, you should apply now.
We are sorry to inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be notified as we may be overwhelmed by the number of applicants coming into our system; hence if you do not get a reply from us - don’t give up on us just yet!
We encourage you also to check out our career site at https://jobs.lever.co/codapayments - we may have other suitable openings for you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are the platform of choice for taking life's digital experiences over the top.