Director of Credit Risk Management (Financial, Not Compliance)
What’s the story?
Nium is a next-generation financial services platform that enables companies around the world to unlock new revenue opportunities and improve cash flow economics
Nium is a leader in its geographical and payment service breadth, owning licenses in the world’s largest and fastest-growing economies. Our modular platform allows banks, payment providers, travel companies, and other businesses to collect and disburse funds in local currencies to over 100 countries, plus issue physical and virtual cards globally. Our proprietary set of APIs embeds financial services and can bring to life multiple B2B and B2C use cases in a matter of weeks.
Nium is part of CB Insights Fintech 250, which highlights the most promising Fintech companies globally. Today, Nium serves over 130 million customers and enables platforms to provide access to financial services to over 3 billion people across the world.
Where do you come into the picture?
Risk Management forms the backbone of NIUM’s business : it not only represents the financial interest of the company but also its clients providing the optimal balance between risk mitigation, customer experience and profitable business growth. The Director of Risk Management is responsible for developing and managing the end-to-end framework governing fraud and financial risk across all business jurisdictions where NIUM operates.
Working in a fast-paced environment, you will be responsible for shaping strategies, policies, and processes for NIUM products and services. Reporting to the Global Head of Fraud Risk management, the role holder will partner closely with colleagues in other functions such as Fraud Operations, Compliance, Product, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Servicing, Legal, and Technology to ensure that all related risks are maintained within the company’s risk appetite.
You will also be expected to regularly represent the company and the risk management function to external parties such as NIUM clients, business partners, regulators, and industry peers.
You will ensure business activities are in line with our company policies and financial exposure is properly assessed and controlled within acceptable limits. You will also conduct regular audits to identify potential threats, develop plans to prevent and mitigate problems and produce relevant reports to senior management.
In this role, you should be highly perceptive and methodical with the ability to communicate effectively, presenting and articulating your plans and decisions in the most convincing way.
What would a day in your life @ Nium look like?
As Director Of Risk Management, You Would
- Be responsible for the end-to-end risk management strategies with a particular focus on fraud and financial risk
- Be the global subject matter expert from a risk perspective; develop, implement and adapt related policies, procedures, systems, and processes
- Drive improvements in our on-boarding processes and tools, developing adequate collateral calculation and requirements
- Conduct periodic customer reviews and audits to ensure existing programs are in line with the contractual agreement with NIUM and our risk is properly assessed and is underwritten within the approved level
- Act as the trusted risk advisor to all stakeholders across Nium, influence and drive the appropriate risk culture across the organization
- Effectively challenge adequacy and design of controls, identify process improvements, and implement prevention strategies to strengthen existing controls
- Develop and continuously enhance policies, processes, and controls for mitigating credit risk exposure and preventing fraud
- Promote an effective risk management framework by proactively identifying areas of financial risk exposure across processes and capabilities
- Partner with other teams across the company to support cross-functional projects, products development, processes, and methodologies
- Manage key components of the risk program and drive foundational enhancement to drive scalability, efficiency, automation, and effectiveness
Maintain awareness of industry and regulatory developments and incorporate any required changes into the company’s Risk strategy
This role does not have responsibility for Compliance or Operational Risk Management.
What expertise & experiences would you need to have to play this kind of role?
- 10+ years of both credit and fraud risk management experience in retail banking, payment, or financial technology firms
- Expertise in card issuing and merchant acquiring is an absolute must
- Experienced in risk assessment and control, balancing risk efforts with business growth objectives
- Experience developing models and risk scoring is highly desirable
- Strong program and project management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and embrace changes effortlessly
- Experience managing remote teams across various geographies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- BSc/BA in Law, Business, Finance or a related field
- Professional Risk Manager (PRM) certification is a plus
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Home Office setup allowance
- Training & Development
- 24x7 Employee Assistance Program
- Recognition framework
- Generous Parental and Family leave
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The World’s Payment Infrastructure in One API