Engineering Manager - Customer Communications
MYOB is the #originalstartup. Our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we’re so much more! We’re building a business management platform to help more businesses in Australia & New Zealand Start, Survive & Succeed. Our team is continually transforming, inventing and disrupting conventions. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to add to it, and make it even better! This is MYOB.
Our Technology Team is continually shipping high value outcomes for our customers and organisation. Our tech performance and our Engineering practices are consistent, strong, and secure and you can do all of this in an environment which allows people to grow.
What we’re doing is a real tech transformation; we’re taking a legacy success and transforming it into a SaaS platform to support SME and Enterprise businesses in ways they never knew they needed. Join us and help build the business management platform that will disrupt the market.
As an Engineering Manager in the Engagement Platform group, you'll play an important leadership role across multiple delivery teams, with a focus on the Customer Communications domain. You'll provide leadership, mentoring and support to delivery teams to balance technology, delivery, and product outcomes in alignment with MYOB objectives.
Driving the engineering strategy for our customer communications platforms and marketing technology stack; including CDP, marketing automation and telephony, you'll work with other leaders in your domain to support your teams in defining and delivering their product and technology roadmaps, whilst ensuring teams have a clear and sustainable system of work in place.
As a leader with deep technical skills, you'll help teams design solutions, deliver changes incrementally and drive continuous improvement, ensuring that we can "build and run" our software in a balanced and sustainable way.
In this role
- Optimise and scale the communications technology stack to deliver omni-channel strategies (Genesys Cloud, SFMC, Segment, Google Analytics and more)
- Provide technical leadership to ensure the products we build are delivered successfully to market while setting us up for ongoing evolution and scale
- Use key delivery and operational metrics to identify and drive opportunities for improvement
- Work with product managers and delivery managers to define and decompose product roadmaps, ensuring key technical aspects are included that continuously improve our ability to run and operate our products
- Lead through alignment to common objectives and empower your teams to make decisions for themselves
- Work within your domain, and across platforms domains, to drive the strategy of our products and architecture forward
- Ensure security and compliance obligations are met for technology owned by your domain
What We'd Love To See You Bring
- Experience in establishing capabilities that empower personalisation strategies is highly favourable
- Passionate about solving customer problems and delivering great customer experiences
- In-depth experience in implementing high-performance development capabilities
- Experience working in sophisticated system architectures
- Experience implementing continuous delivery, agile and lean practices with delivery teams
- Demonstrated experience in driving continual improvement of the Product Development lifecycle, ensuring strong alignment to business outcomes
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
- Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
- Our partnership with Smiling Mind helps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
- Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
- A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
- Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
- Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every applicant.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and we champion diversity. Don’t meet every single requirement of this role? Still apply! Research tells us that that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply unless they meet every single requirement. At MYOB we believe that the right hire is someone who makes an addition to our culture, rather than someone who fits in and conforms to our status quo. Moving to ‘Culture Add’ means adding team members who not only value MYOBs standards and workplace culture, but also bring an aspect of diversity that positively contributes to MYOB. So, if you’re excited about this role, or about MYOB, we’d still love to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Easy online accounting for small business with invoicing, expense tracking, payroll and more