Head of Compliance - Malaysia
What’s the story?
Nium is a next-generation financial services platform that enables companies around the world to unlock new revenue opportunities and improve cash flow economics.
Nium is a leader in its geographical and payment service breadth, owning licenses in the world’s largest and fastest-growing economies. Our modular platform allows banks, payment providers, travel companies, and other businesses to collect and disburse funds in local currencies to over 100 countries, plus issue physical and virtual cards globally. Our proprietary set of APIs embeds financial services and can bring to life multiple B2B and B2C use cases in a matter of weeks.
Nium is part of CB Insights Fintech 250, which highlights the most promising Fintech companies globally. Today, Nium serves over 130 million customers and enables platforms to provide access to financial services to over 3 billion people across the world.
Where do you come into the picture?
This position reports to the Regional Head of Compliance and contributes to the collaborative mission and vision by assisting with the day-to-day management and integration of an effective compliance program.
This role is responsible for The role is responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of Regulatory Compliance for the organization’s Malaysia business, these include, ensuring that the Malaysian business is complying with all applicable regulatory requirements including but not limited to the applicable AML/CTF Obligations, MSB requirements & obligations as imposed by the Central Bank of Malaysia (Bank Negara), embedding and maintaining and effective compliance culture and governance across the Malaysia business, management of compliance training, recordkeeping, monitoring, and analytical functions involved with regulatory compliance.
You will lead as well as contribute to key decisions made that will define the compliance landscape of NIUM Malaysia that truly makes our business scalable as a platform.
You will be a role model, to the Compliance team as well as the rest of the organization, of what it means to have a compliance, risk & governance mindset. As an organization leader at InstaReM, you would be required to undertake other duties consistent with the position from time to time as the Company may reasonably require.
What would a day in your life @ NIUM look like?
The role will oversee all aspects of compliance in Malaysia, including anti-money laundering controls, due diligence and other suspicious activity examination. The role holder will Liaison with all regulatory bodies, banks and financial intelligent for the country.
- Compliance for the country overseeing aspects of money laundering and other trending non-compliance areas to enhance compliance proficiency
- Advise and support the organisation on day-to-day Compliance related issues and escalations, questions and requirements in accordance with the applicable Malaysian Regulatory AML/Sanctions, Privacy, Consumer Protection, MSB requirements & Unclaimed Money requirements as well as all applicable NIUM Group policies;
- Maintain a workable relationship with the key regulatory bodies including BNM
- Maintains subject matter expert knowledge to advise senior leadership on emerging trends and potential impact on the strategic roadmap
- Leverage industry and regulatory partnerships to facilitate the application and maintenance of country licenses
- Collaboratively work on program components, standards, goals, resources, training, monitoring, reporting, and team-building efforts to align the compliance program with emerging internal and external expectations and requirements.
- Handle the management, maintenance, oversight, reporting, monitoring, and ongoing testing of the Malaysia AML/CTF/Compliance program
- Attend to Law Enforcement Requests or Governmental Request for Information.
- Conceptualize and drive implementation of cross-product technical risk assessment to drive regulatory compliance at optimal commercial terms
- Ensure compliance culture is actively involved in organizational roadmap discussions of the country.
What expertise & experiences would you need to be successful in this of role?
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in managing, and handling Malaysia Financial Services/ Money Service business-compliance
- Proven knowledge of requirements under the Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorism Financing and Proceeds of Unlawful Activities Act 2001 (AMLA) and AML/CFT - Sector 3
- Proven experience as a MSB Compliance Officer
- Proven & demonstrated experience liaising, interacting, and dealing with the Malaysia Regulatory bodies including but not limited to the Central Bank of Malaysia (BNM)
- Good and demonstrated understanding of the Malaysian Regulatory landscape and applicable regulatory obligations including but not limited to e.g. AML, Privacy, MSB requirements)
- Best industry practice Internal Controls & Risk Assessment for example understanding of effective Risk Assessment methodology and applicable 3 Lines of Defence controls
- A recognized professional qualification in Compliance, Audit
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Home Office setup allowance
- Training & Development
- 24x7 Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Parental and Family leave
- Year-end leaves
- Superannuation Benefits
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The World’s Payment Infrastructure in One API