Senior Cloud Engineer
Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to multiple different markets and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
As a key member of a small and high-performing engineering squad, your role as Senior Cloud Platform Engineer will have a significant impact on Zip’s platform security, scalability and speed - which in turn will impact millions of customers, and tens of thousands of merchant partners.
This is an opportunity to take ownership of a critical area of our cloud platform - networking and messaging - as part of a passionate team of experts. You’ll be learning from gurus in edge networking and content delivery networks, and using CloudFlare, Kafka and NginX at scale.
Your role will help us to enhance security, improve network traffic management, increase speed and reduce latency, improve reliability and scalability.
If you are someone who is passionate about cloud networking and messaging and you like to solve problems every day, you will find this interesting and challenging - and we’ll give you a supportive and collaborative team environment to learn in.
You will see the impact of your work and the value you are providing quickly, and a year at Zip will help you learn valuable skills that often take much longer to learn elsewhere.
To help us level up, we’ll need you to bring:
- Good knowledge and understanding of infrastructure as code - we use Terraform, but other IaC such as CloudFormation or CDK is fine too
- Proven experience with and passion for AWS cloud networking
- Knowledge and understanding of VPCs and security groups
- Understanding of how APIs are designed and built
- Experience working in a modern software engineering environment - whether a tech company like Zip, or corporate with modern technology and engineering practices
- Ability to jump in, analyse and problem solve with a sense of urgency
- Curiosity reverse engineer a system, or pick a process apart and rebuild it
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
Also knowledge and experience of at least one the following is a bonus:
- Content delivery networks - we’re focussing on CloudFlare, but knowledge of other CDNs such as CloudFront are fine too
- NginX, or other advanced load balancer and reverse proxy technologies
- Kafka, Confluent Cloud, or other distributed event-streaming technologies
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tap & Zip everywhere. Pay later.