Visa Government Solutions Sales Director, Vietnam
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
You will be an integral part of the global Visa Government Solutions (VGS) team. The role will be based in Hanoi, Vietnam and will report directly into the Head of Visa Government Solutions for Regional Southeast Asia (SEA) and be a core part of the Vietnam leadership team.
What's exciting about joining the Visa Government Solutions team?
- You’ll be supporting highly strategic public sector clients on high impact projects
- Partner with industry stakeholders to develop innovative new solutions
- We’re a key part of Visa’s focus on new payment flows as a growth driver for our business
- Given the nature of the sector, it will drive Visa brand values especially as a purpose-led brand with social and economic impact.
The team comprises of a highly motivated team of business leaders who create impactful results with and for our clients. Here at Visa, we strive to excel with our partners and via strong internal and external collaboration, we enable and inspire ecosystem players to drive e-payments and financial inclusion.
If you are business savvy with public sector and financial services industry experience that can help further establish Visa as a leading payments solutions partner, you should apply!
What a Government Solutions Sales Director does at Visa:
Visa is seeking an experienced payment professional to join the Visa Government Solutions team as a Sales Director. The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Expand and deepen our public sector sales strategy and delivery in the region, including developing a list of prioritised client and solution opportunities
- Identify and execute commercial opportunities in government led projects that focus on government payment flows, data and other government growth priorities, with the objective of establishing a strategic footprint and/or develop new business flows for Visa
- Identify and engage potential partners in the form of issuers, acquirers, program managers, processors, fintechs and other enablers who will strengthen our government solution propositions
- Develop and execute sales strategies / account plans to increase sales volume and market share and expand product category visibility
- Develop innovative strategies and solutions in collaboration with Visa cross-functional teams to address challenges and requests from government clients.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders including the Government Engagement team to strengthen our relationship with key public sector stakeholders, align on our government outreach strategy and targets, approach to educating decision makers and influencers on how Visa can support
- Partner with our marketing and communication teams to position Visa as a leader in the payments industry and a resource for government agencies
- Provide ongoing support of RFP response and commercial deals in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Continuously review market landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new creative approaches to growing the Visa business
Why this is important to Visa
This is a role we have identified globally to drive a new strategic business for Visa. As citizens, we are all aware of the important and increasing roles the government play in our lives, something the recent pandemic has emphasized. Government payments are a significant part of this, be it government making payments to suppliers or social payments in the form of disbursements or even accepting tax payments from citizens. At the same time Governments are leading the way in launching innovations in payments (such as Central Bank Digital Currencies, open data) and in dealing with the big challenges of our times (climate, sustainability). We are looking to partner with governments around the world as they drive ambitious plans in a variety of areas such as to support economic recovery and drive digitalization.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
What you will need:
• 12+ years’ experience in government/ state-owned enterprise/ public sector sales management, with expertise in payments/ financial services industry managing complex deals and sales
• Active network in the public sector across South East Asia, especially in the Vietnam market
• Robust understanding of how public sector sales and public agencies operate with deep expertise in navigating government agencies and procedures, including government procurement and public sector contracting vehicles
• Very strong collaboration and relationship skills required to balance the need to both navigate and serve external client and partner requirements, whilst leading cross-functional teams in internal solution development and go-to-market strategy
• Strong business development and consultative sales experience, with the ability to share with a wide range of stakeholders on Visa’s capabilities and produce business cases
• Understand payment flows between Governments, Governments and businesses, Government and citizens
• Strong financial acumen and outcome oriented
• Ability to negotiate business agreements whilst enhancing existing and new relationships
• Fluency in Vietnamese language apart from English
What will also help:
• Prior sales and consulting experience servicing government clients and projects
• Specialist public sector payments infrastructure expertise is a plus
• Solutions-focused mindset
• Interest in emerging topics such as central bank digital currencies, open data/open banking, sustainability
• Experience in effectively creating and confidently delivering presentations to senior stakeholders with strong written and oral communication
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions