Technical Consultant (Database Admin)
The Job Description/Responsibilities
As a member of the FMS Application Operations Team, responsibilities include and are not limited to;
- Work closely with the Transform/Implementation team to understand the process flow, solution challenges if any and work towards implementing & supporting a seamless integration between Finastra & Customer applications.
- Act as a liaison between implementation and Application Validation teams for technical aspects.
- Work closely with the Application Validation, Transform/Implementation & product teams to explore & reuse tools/processes for effective delivery of customer requirements.
- Should focus towards acquiring adequate understanding of the functional aspects/flows of the implemented products within short span of time.
- To be effective enough to handle challenges and find the most efficient ways to provide solutions.
- Ability to debug system logs and come up with technical solutions associated with data flow or processes involved or performance aspect
- Work closely with the other key players from the Application Validation Team and the Transform/Implementation Team to come up with best processes for seamless run of customer applications.
- Be able to effectively participate in project discussions, provide project updates and identify risks with mitigation plans.
- Be flexible to learn, collaborate & contribute across teams.
The Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Database Administration using MS SQL Server.
- Installing and upgrading the database server and/or application tools.
- Planning for and allocating the database system’s physical requirements, such as memory, disk space, network requirements, etc.
- Security, Encryption setup for Audit and Compliance.
- Ensuring compliance with database vendor license agreement, including number of installations, and taking care of licensing renewals.
- Creating a backup and recovery strategy for the database, and regularly testing the backups to ensure usability.
- Monitoring technical support for both database systems and related applications.
- Creating reports by querying from database (as per need).
- Monitoring and optimizing the database’s performance using either manual or automated tools.
- Migrating database instances to new VMs or environment
- Disaster recovery support, high availability (HA) setup
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in a DevOps, Application Support, or similar role.
- Minimum of 1 year in application deployment and configuration across multiple platforms such as Windows and Linux.
- Ability to support and maintain multiple applications and environments.
- Fluent in scripting languages such as Linux shell, Powershell, Python, etc.
- Familiarity with general monitoring principles, as well as tools such as Idera, Splunk, Site24x7, Zabbix, Nagios, etc.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
Good to Have:
- Experience in cloud technologies such as Azure (Azure SQL) and AWS (RDS).
- Knowledgeable in different automation concepts (ex. CI/CD, infra as code) and DevOps tools (ex. Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Git).
- Experience in Integration using JMS/MQ, WebServices, TCP/IP Sockets.
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools such as JIRA and Confluence, as well as SFDC and ServiceNow.
- Knowledge of Java and supporting Java applications.
- Knowledgeable on configuring Web Servers like Apache Tomcat, Weblogic, IBM WebSphere, JBoss Wildfly, etc.
- Knowledge of Angular JS, SOAP UI Test tool, and JQuery.
- Technical consulting and implementation experience in client facing projects is an added advantage.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The future of finance is open