UX Designer - Sydney/Adelaide/Auckland
hummgroup (ASX-HUM) is one of Australasia’s most successful and enduring fintech organisations with a proud legacy of rewriting the playbook for digital spending. We help people buy everything, everywhere, every day. Our product ecosystem of buy now pay later, credit cards, and business financing products has been designed around the core needs of today's shoppers, retailers, and small and medium enterprises.
What’s so exciting about this role?
Reporting to the General Manager, Digital & Customer Technology, you will be part of the team responsible for delivery of visual and interactive elements for our online channels, with the aim of enhancing functionality, performance, and crafting new experiences for our global customers. Demonstrating a solid understanding of customer experience and the commercial needs, you will come with a mindset of endless possibility, a passion for digital innovation and seamless execution.
What Does an Average Day Look Like?
You Will Also
In this role you will design, optimise and maintain the user experience, user interface and screen design for our range of web and desktop-based systems.
- Develop wireframes, interaction prototypes, specifications, and other design documents to communicate design ideas to project teams.
- Create WordPress page templates that control the look and feel of the web experience, tackling colors, typography, responsive layout, animation, and other visual aspects of the UI, with a focus on modularity, flexibility, compatibility, and extensibility.
- Advocate and coach teams on user-centered design, UX and agile methodologies
- Promote design guidelines and best practices standards.
- Collaborate closely with a close-knit team, share knowledge and learning from other team members.
- Support the Optimisation Lead, Web Developers and Digital Producers across varied website projects, including UX design, development, testing and training.
- Engage with the digital, product and technology teams to solve problems at scale and define and enable the best solutions to support our performance and growth plans.
- Design static and interactive interfaces using design tools.
- Test across browsers and devices to ensure the UI is functional and optimised following UX and digital best practices and design principles.
Who will thrive in this role?
You Will Also Have
You are someone who believes in the strength of good relationships. You are flexible, driven and passionate about customers; you can operate in and contribute to a fast paced and dynamic environment and you bring excellent multi-tasking skills and a focus on delivering outcomes.
- Over 3-years’ experience in UX and UI design.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Figma, Adobe CS, Sketch, InVision, Balsamiq or other design and wire framing tools.
- You have a strong interest in designing usable, visually engaging and high- quality experiences.
- You have excellent interface design skills and a strong understanding of UI/UX design principles.
- You are able to flesh out an initial design concept from wireframe, to low fidelity prototype, high fidelity prototype and working prototype.
- Have a high attention to detail and quality.
- Demonstrated experience across both Websites, Android, and IOS platforms.
- Experience with some of the following platforms: Wordpress, Figma, AB Tasty, IBM Tealeaf, Invision, Sketch.
- Figma (preferred but not essential), Sketch, Xd or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
- Expertise across the full Adobe Creative suite.
- Experience with managing simultaneous projects, specifically website-related with requests, new requirements, management of tasks and backlog activity.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development highly desirable.
- Curious, passionate and ambitious with a customer-centric mindset.
Working at hummgroup
hummgroup is in growth mode, and with that comes the unique opportunity to truly own and build your career journey with us. We believe in our people and want them to succeed with an extensive range of online and face-to-face learning opportunities, including excellent leadership development programs.
The Digital & CX team sits within the Technology portfolio at hummgroup and work in collaboration with other business functions, to ensure we are consistently delivering great end-to-end customer experience across stages, channels and touchpoints in the customer journey and across digital platforms. We are a fast-growing, innovative and mission-driven company and this position is suitable for someone looking for a varied and challenging role.
If this sounds like the role you have been looking for apply today!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Revolutionising the way people buy