Site Reliability Engineer
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our over 500 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australian businesses.
About Tyro Health
The Tyro Health business unit was formed after acquiring Medipass, an Australian based health fintech, based in Melbourne. Medipass was originally established on the belief that a better health system demands better ways to connect and pay, and we carry that ethos through now as Tyro Health.
Our team is focused solely on healthcare related payment and claiming solutions, which connect patients, practitioners and payers in ways that drive system efficiency and better experiences of care. For healthcare providers and partners, we offer a range of digital claiming options, including government funders, private health insurers and direct patient payments.
Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) ensure that our systems are available, scalable and secure. We aim to have a reliable foundation with one step blue/green deployments, best in class tooling and a strong devops culture that encourages automation and continuous monitoring at every level. Our priority is to provide an environment with high availability, integrity and security; the Site Reliability Engineer will have operational ownership over this domain.
Over the past year, we have achieved greater than 99.998% platform uptime including for planned maintenance. Whilst admirable, our environment has also grown more complex and customers have more than doubled. The challenge for this role will be to advance our preventative maintenance and monitoring capabilities to maintain a high level of service. You will join a small but very capable team and operate with a high degree of autonomy - self direction and prioritisation of initiatives will be key.
In This Role, You Will
- Own operational infrastructure: using AWS infrastructure and extended support services
- Lead and build development pipelines: using continuous integration and development tooling and methodologies
- Be responsible for operational security & risk activities: help coordinate external penetration tests, vulnerability assessments and review potential security issues
- Oversee performance, efficiency & scaling capabilities: contribute to the measurement techniques that assist in the performance tuning of the applications stack
- Ensure we have appropriate monitoring: to proactively identify issues and quickly respond to potential service degradation issues
This Role Requires
- Extensive experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Linux administration
- Experience building Docker images and maintaining containers and hosts
- Experience with infrastructure as code and related scripting - preferably Terraform
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation, monitoring and capacity planning
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment practices
- Knowledge of cloud security principles
- Thrive in a fast paced, yet autonomous environment
Technologies You'll Work With
- Infrastructure- Linux, MongoDB (Atlas), AWS Services, Docker, Terraform
- Release engineering- Git, BuildKite, Other CI/CD tools
- Application- Node.JS (hapi), React, ReactNative
- Monitoring- Prometheus, AWS CloudWatch, AWS GuardDuty, PaperTrail, Sentry.io, Opsgenie
Culture and Perks
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 12 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, long service leave program, novated leasing, and a Short Term Incentive Program to name a few.
You will work autonomously, and will be trusted to make your own decisions and prioritise effectively. You will report to a manager, and support will always be there if you need it, but we don’t micro-manage.
This role is full time, but flexible to meet your needs. You’ll be provided with a laptop and all the tools and support you need to succeed.
Who We Are
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 600 staff, $34 billion in transactions in FY22, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses. Find out how you can be a part of the Tyro journey today.
Privacy and Submitting your Application
Tyro does not accept unsolicited agency CV’s. Please do not forward resumes to the team if you are not one of our listed preferred recruitment partners. Tyro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Business Banking