This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. Talk to us about any support or accessibility requirements you may need and how we support flexibility in the workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage a flexible work culture.
About The Role
The Project Manager is a member of the Mine Hunter Contract (MHC) ISS project team located at HMAS WATERHEN, Waverton, which provides all project management activities for the four HUON CLASS Minehunters. This role is a key customer facing role, located on the customer premises, working in a high tempo environment to assure mine hunting capability of the RAN.
Specifically You Will
About Your Role
- Provide management services to ensure that all Maintenance requirements are achieved
- Implement the Project Management Plan, Quality Plan and the Safety, Security, Emergency and Environmental Plan.
- Ensure risks are correctly identified, assessed and managed.
- Ensure sufficient resources are allocated to meet schedule requirements.
- Liaison with the Customer to ensure all aspects of the Contract is being effectively managed.
- Internal and external reporting as required
- Management of Industrial Relations, OH&S, Security and Environmental issues on site & off site.
How About You?
- A tertiary qualification in an Engineering discipline, Business or related field.
- Strong experience in the management of projects involving design, development and production.
- Strong capabilities in budget, resource and schedule estimation and management.
- Solid knowledge of quality concepts, standards, systems and programs and the value they provide.
- Solid experience in building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, including customers
Good to Know
You’ll receive an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
Prior to offer you’ll complete a pre-employment police and medical.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re investing in digital and “deep tech” innovations to build a future we can all trust.