Partner Manager - Groups & Organisations (Remote - ANZ)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Shopify we believe in making commerce simple for entrepreneurs and enterprise brands. We give merchants the scalability, reliability and flexibility they need to build their businesses and create economic independence. Shopify helps power commerce experiences for over 1 million companies like Culture Kings, Youfoodz, HiSmile, Decjuba, JB Hi-Fi, and many more. We are in hyper-growth, building the tools and experiences for today’s leading brands and creating a level playing field for entrepreneurs who are just getting started.
The Shopify Groups & Organisations Partner Manager will be responsible for building a strategy that works alongside organisations that support small and medium businesses. Good examples of these types of organisations include Governments (local, state and federal), Trade Organisations, Retail Associations, Indigenous Organisations, Educational Institutions and more. For Shopify to do this effectively, this role will focus on identifying and prioritising key partnerships, building a joint offering, taking this joint offering to market, learning and repeating where needed.
You will be required to engage multiple internal stakeholders to support these partnerships including marketing, support, ecosystem and more. You will also be required to manage external stakeholders across the organisations we choose to partner with.
In terms of outcomes, to make commerce better for everyone, we want commerce to be accessible for everyone. It’s important that we leverage the Shopify platform to lower the barriers and allow anyone to play. We are looking for this role to drive new merchants to Shopify, help increase our brand presence, and drive local strategic partnerships through authentic relationships.
Real talk: This is a global initiative being rolled out locally for the first time and as it’s a new role, there’ll be a lot of scope to write the role and learn as you go. Being a member of a fast-moving team doing cutting edge work in a hyper growth environment is not always easy. That said, being pushed to the top of your game with smart, dedicated and highly-engaged colleagues and partners is incredibly fulfilling and a great catalyst for personal growth.
- 5-7 years of experience in fields of Partnerships, Marketing or Community engagement.
- Experience in driving acquisition strategies through partnerships.
- You excel at managing a portfolio of sponsorship and/or strategic partnerships, establishing and growing mutually beneficial business relationships.
- Strong leadership abilities managing a complex and ever-evolving body of work.
- Experience effectively representing corporate brand values, building and advancing the reputation of the organization and its customers.
- The ability to thrive in chaos, resolve ambiguity, and think quickly on your feet.
- Project management, excellent communication, and strong organization skills.
- Can work well as part of a team and as an individual contributor.
- Experience using data and analytics to measure the impact of your work.
- Experience working in the tech space or another high-paced industry - it's important to understand our platform and the products we deliver.
- B2B marketing experience with a focus on enabling sales teams to reach lead goals.
- A “get shit done” attitude.
- A ruthless attention to detail.
- Bonus: Experience working with government and trade organisations will be highly regarded.
You'll Be Working On Things Like
- Creating and executing programs with partners.
- Research organisations and associations across Australia and New Zealand, vertical or demographic category for prospective partners.
- Be able to understand and communicate the competitive strengths and opportunity size of proposals.
- Managing a pipeline of partnership opportunities and working alongside the local Partnerships team and global Groups and Organisations team to vet opportunities.
- Creating a joint value proposition for each partner and identifying the right program elements relevant to their particular audience.
- Work with marketing, legal, finance, leadership, and product teams across the organisation to identify workflow required to launch a mutually beneficial program.
- Propose potential programs by discovering and exploring opportunities with existing partners.
- Support Community Managers as they set up and manage digital and offline community strategy for SMBs including; networking & discussion forums, virtual and IRL events, and conducting community trends research, in partnership with go to market, support and other teams.
Please take a look at our 2020 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments. Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Anyone, anywhere, can start a business