Senior Analyst - Solution Architecture
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
- Works closely with Visa TPMs and Product development teams to architect and propose solutions for their deployment
- Leads technical discussions with engineering leads and other architects, and resolves conflicts seamlessly
- Creates reusable and scalable designs that can be ingested as digital blueprints or cloud environment designs
- Produces detailed physical and logical infrastructure diagrams
- Provides detailed Technical Specification Documents (TSDs) for the designs architected for each project
- Provides leadership across the company by publishing best practices whitepapers, surveys, and by conducting brown bags
- Mentors junior architects on the team
- Provides increasingly better designs that are more efficient, cost effective, and robust
- Designs systems that are API-first, globally distributed, horizontally scalable, resilient, self-healable, and pluggable with other systems
- Influences hardware and software technology selection for the enterprise
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Hands on experience managing the software architecture of highly available enterprise level multi-tier applications and services utilizing technologies including DB2 ,MySQL, SQLServer, PostgreSQL databases, Microservices, Kubernetes, Kafka and distributed NoSQL databases along with a very good knowledge of the best practices associated with these technologies
- Very good understanding of self-healing/immutable microservice based architectures, cloud platforms, clustering models, networking technologies required
- Knowledge about API design standards, patterns and best-practices Swagger, OpenAPI, REST, SOAP, gRPC and API gateways
- Experience as a Solution Architect or Cloud Services Architect
- Experience in architecting and designing large scale distributed systems
- Experience in architecting and delivering solutions on PaaS platforms
- Ability to articulate your deep understanding of benefits/drawbacks of different solutions
- Analytical and problem-solving skill and curiosity to tackle any complex or new problem
- Experience designing Issuer Processing and Payments Processing systems
- Deeper knowledge of PCI DSS Compliance considerations for payment systems
- Experience with data at rest, transit, and other security and privacy considerations
- Strong experience working with private cloud environments running vSphere and Windows workloads
- Strong experience working with cloud native environments using Kubernetes
- Ability to influence development teams and senior stakeholders to gain support for delivering solutions against a standardized methodology
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions