This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are Zip, a rapidly expanding global fintech headquartered out of Sydney, Australia with a growing presence focused in the US and UK markets.
We're here to simplify how the world pays for what they need by connecting merchants with consumers and offering them fair and seamless payment solutions, everywhere. We’re also the brains behind Pocketbook, which helps almost a million Aussies take control of their money and improve their financial wellbeing.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. They form our Mamba mentality - how we’re better than yesterday, and are used to create game-changing experiences for our customers and our people.
This role sits within our Core Product team, working on our most iconic products - Zip Pay and Zip Money. As a Product Designer in this team, you will be essential to improving the experience of our products for customers while also helping Zip achieve some truly ambitious goals! You'll be an end to end Product Designer and use your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and own the design across key parts of our customer journey.
This is an initial 8 week contract role for somebody who wants to jump in and make a real impact on products used by millions of Australians.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into products useful and valuable for our millions of users across Zip Money & Zip Pay
- Design flows and experiences that are simple, elegant, and delightful
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product team
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality
- Design for various groups of people (international audiences, multi-language localization, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc.)
- Run user-interviews and synthesising results into actionable insights
- 3+ years working in interaction, product, or communication design
- A curiosity for uncovering the true “why” of a problem
- Experience running lightweight, lean design experiments
- Ability to turn insights into thoughtful narratives
- Proven track record in driving end-to-end aspects of the design research lifecycle
- Experience working with and contributing to large-scale design systems
- Experience with FS or payments products is an added bonus
We’re looking for someone who always finds new boundaries to cross - a future Zipster who will obsess over excellence and make constant improvements for our customers. We’ve removed the red tape here to get things done quickly, so if you see a problem, own the solution. You've gotta hustle at Zip!
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
- Flexible working culture
- Share incentive programs
- Generous paid parental leave
- Birthday and wellness leave
- Epic offices with a casual dress code
- Fun team with high-growth hustle
- Free breakfast and weekly lunches
- Heaps of social events
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tap & Zip everywhere. Pay later.