Project Manager - In-Service Support
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Project Manager opportunity within our Underwater Systems team focussed on In-Support Service (ISS) for our Autonomous Mine Warfare program. Reporting to the Mine Warfare Programs Manager, the Project Manager will oversee the management of ISS related projects to ensure the effective management of customer expectations, project execution and the achievement of cost, time and quality deliverables.
About The Opportunity
As the ISS Project Manager you will be responsible for:
- Leading and managing cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams to successfully deliver project outcomes to our Customer
- Planning, executing and managing implementation activities to meet project schedule, quality and cost targets.
- Managing project risks as well as financial and contractual contingencies
- Ensuring sufficient resources (labour, equipment, plant and materials) are allocated to meet schedule requirements.
- Ensuring Milestones and Key Events are achieved on time in accordance with the Contract
- Reporting on progress throughout the life of the project
- Liaising with Autonomous Mine Warfare Bid team to help secure future business
To be successful in your role, you will have demonstrated and/or acquired the following knowledge and experience:
- Minimum 5 years of Project/Bids management experience in In Service Support
- Knowledge/Experience of ASDEFCON contracts
- Proven customer management skills
- Collaborative behaviours, excellent inter-personal skills and sound working relationships with key stakeholders, clients and subcontractors are essential in this role
- Excellent report writing and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge/Experience of the Mine Warfare Sector/Autonomous Vehicles will be highly regarded
Good to Know
You’ll receive an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Prior to offer you’ll complete a pre-employment police and medical.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re investing in digital and “deep tech” innovations to build a future we can all trust.