Product Marketing Manager, Payments
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Payments Product team manages Square's flagship payments product, making it possible for any seller to take card payments quickly and easily. Our team loves working on Payments because our product drives awareness of the Square brand, it is Square's first touchpoint with most of our sellers, and our business' economics help fuel the broader Square ecosystem.The Payments Product PMM team drives growth in payments processing volume. We do this by identifying which customer segments we can serve, understanding these sellers' needs, and using those insights to directly improve our product strategy and roadmap. We determine product positioning and messaging, develop full-funnel growth strategies, and implement acquisition campaigns to grow our business. We work with multiple teams to ensure we build the right products and reach the right customers, with the right messages, through the right channels, at the right time.
As our first dedicated Payments PMM in Australia, you'll champion the voice of our sellers when developing and marketing our products - identifying which customer segments Square Australia can serve, understanding these sellers' needs, and using these insights to influence the payment team's product roadmap. You'll have understanding of product strategy, branding, full-funnel integrated marketing strategy and sales enablement, and experience with cross-functional coordination. You will partner with Product, Creative, Engineering, Central Marketing, Communications, and Sales globally and in Australia to lead marketing for our payments products in Australia. You will report to the Global Product Marketing Lead for Payments (based in the US), and can be based anywhere on the east coast of Australia and work from home, or our Melbourne office.
- Drive go-to-market strategies - including targeting, segmentation, product positioning, value propositions, messaging, marketing channels (paid, earned, and owned), budgets, and lifecycle campaigns - across the customer journey to convert, grow, and retain our customers
- Have deep empathy for our customers' pain points and needs through qualitative and quantitative research (surveys, interviews, and product usage), and develop solutions to meet those needs.
- Ensure that the voice of the customer is always represented in every customer product and marketing experience
- Work with global product managers, engineers, designers, data scientists, and other team leads to identify impactful product opportunities, prioritise efforts and share insights on the Australian market
- Review competitive offerings and promote ongoing differentiation in our marketing and products
- Own the metrics - be comfortable tracking and reporting out on goals, measuring performance, and identifying optimisation opportunities
- Work with designers and copywriters to develop compelling and unique marketing collateral across channels
- Ensure product releases are launched with appropriate localisation and messaging for Australia
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working in product marketing, growth or lifecycle marketing, or similar go-to-market positions in the Australian market
- Experience designing go-to-market strategies for product launches, and conducting customer insights research
- Experience delivering growth in consumer tech or small to medium business tech
- Experience in growth or lifecycle marketing by email, in-product, content marketing, and other owned/ earned channels
- Passion for Square and desire to help Square Sellers in Australia succeed
- Experience in FinTech, financial services, and marketing to small businesses a plus
- Experience using data visualisation tools (ie. Looker), CMS (ie. Contentful) and Google Analytics and Search Console
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Invent today. Shape tomorrow.