Strategic Sales Advisor
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re passionate about helping banks to perform better, so we solely focus on creating banking software. Temenos offers cloud-native, cloud-agnostic, API-first digital banking, core banking, payments, fund management, and wealth management software products, enabling banks to deliver consistent, frictionless customer journeys and achieve market-leading cost/income performance. Our products combine the richest end-to-end packaged country model bank functionality and the most advanced technology, helping our clients go-live faster, giving them the freedom to innovate and deliver personalized experiences.
We are technology first, with 700+ published APIs, we partner with 100+ Fintechs in our marketplace. We have been recognized year after year by Gartner, IBS, and Forrester for our award-winning solutions.
Temenos is the 4th largest European Software company, with over 3000 clients in 150 countries. We are proud of our 7500+ Temenosians working across the globe to make banking better!
Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, the Strategic Sales Advisor role is part of the global Value Selling function that drives proactive business development as well as existing sales opportunities at prospects and clients, based on a tested value selling methodology. The methodology, aligned with the value lifecycle for business-led technology transformations, helps drive the value agenda at existing clients and prospects. Over the last two years, the small but highly skilled team has successfully introduced value selling to an effective, motivated sales and presales organization within a growing market-leading technology innovator, in one of the most dynamic and interesting industry sectors.
The role requires an astute, articulate individual who will assist Temenos’ sales and pre-sales teams with strategic insights. It involves learning and increasing banking business knowledge quickly. Direct contact with senior clients and a high degree of independence are a pre-requisite.
The primary responsibility is to drive the value selling agenda at Temenos. This involves driving the strategic Temenos Value Benchmark Program in their allocated region, working closely with the Benchmarking Lead and Analyst on the content of the Programme and with Regional Sales Management to evangelize the benefits of the Programme both inside Temenos and outside with clients, partners and prospects.
In addition, the Strategic Sales Advisor complements Sales and Pre-Sales in ensuring value messaging in all Temenos client engagements in their allocated region, aligns with Sales Management on key sales priorities, delivers executive presentations to key C-level stakeholders at the bank/partners and prepares bank-specific value brochures, during deal execution.
The role is strongly analytical as well as client-facing with a strong element of consultative sales. Apart from the assigned Sales Region, the role requires collaboration with multiple functions within Temenos – Pre-Sales, Marketing and Product.
- Work on large data sets, including handling and examining data for benchmarking, using these to diagnose/solve a bank’s challenges or provide insights to help improve efficiency and business performance.
- Take responsibility for deliverables ranging from periodic benchmarking activities to bespoke collaborative business cases with clients involving collecting data, interviewing client staff, planning and facilitating workshops and translating conclusions into recommendations.
- Play a leading role on initial data collection, analysis, data visualization and communication of the resulting actionable insights.
- Provide business intelligence and decision support via benchmarking and market research for banking technology, particularly for their allocated region.
- Increasing knowledge of banking industry with a strong regional focus.
- High level of direct client exposure including the C-level.
- Perform such other duties, functions and services, consistent with status or vocational ability, as may from time to time be required e.g., assist in development of internal initiatives such as pricing and discounting in future.
Skills & Experience
- Proven track record of management/strategy consulting with strong experience in banking, preferably banking technology.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues from different functions within Temenos.
- Demonstrate good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills to establish interest, trust and credibility both, with Temenos Sales and Pre-Sales teams and at the client.
- Excellent analytical and critical-thinking/reasoning skills.
- Proficiency in statistical/mathematical reasoning and excel.
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline (mathematics/statistics/science/ engineering); a post-graduate degree in business or a related quantitative field.
- Interest and experience in the financial services industry through either consulting engagements at banks or directly experience working at a bank.
- Languages: English mandatory; Mandarin would be a plus but not critical.
- Self-motivated, ambitious, independent, organized, focused, collaborative team player, passionate about sales.
- You will work at the cutting edge of technology innovation; we challenge the status quo and are transforming banking every day.
- You will experience in a fast-paced environment, ambitious team; we look forwards and continuously strive to be the best.
- You will be part of a team that values integrity; we support each other and keep our promises.
- You will be able to work freely, flexibly and true to your authentic self; we champion diversity.
- You will be joining a global and diverse family that works together through the good times and bad; we care deeply about each other and our clients.
- You will experience what we call – Temenosity!
We value applications from people from all walks of life; if you are excited to be part of our journey and want to make a real impact, we would love to hear from you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Banking Software Company