Business Program Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary:
The Project Manager will provide project leadership, professional oversight and support of key initiatives. The Project Manager will deliver outcomes that promote accountability, clarity, and efficiency within the scope of a broader project. The Project Manager will be highly organized with experience communicating strategic and tactical requirements. The position will require the Project Manager to possess the necessary drive, business and operational acumen, excellent written and verbal communication skills and be a confident and collaborative FX project Leader.
- Provide leadership and support in the on-going development and implementation of GEM FX related projects.
- Support FX regulatory goals to improve and drive finance efficiency and effectiveness in order to deliver global consistency, scalability and accountability in PayPal.
- Lead FX projects and performance improvements, including work with FX sponsors and business leads to ensure each initiative is properly scoped, chartered and implemented so that success can be measured
- Coordinate development of initiatives the FX project plan, FX workstreams & budget
- Initiate cross-functional involvement and set meeting cadence for project management.
- Meet with business leads to review/discuss key issues, risks and dependencies for assigned initiatives
- Represent and consolidate initiatives’ status reports in the governance process
- Proactively manage key stakeholders to escalate potential risks/issues of cross-functional relevance; assist in developing mitigation strategies and support their implementation
- Lead conversations around FX requirements and provide appropriate project management support
Requisite Skills And Experience
- Bachelor degree, or above
- Minimum of 10-15 years of experience in finance, audit, internal controls, and/or project management with a global organization.
- Strong project management full life cycle experience in large scale projects leveraging different methodologies, working with large and diverse teams in multiple locations
- Ability to facilitate dialogue with the various stakeholders to understand their needs and drive teams to develop solutions to meet and/or exceed our customer needs.
- Manage projects to successful On Time/On Budget/On Quality delivery
- Proactively identify and report on risks, issues and dependencies for the project or program
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly and succinctly, complex design and technical issues, as well as business and product requirements
- Strong presentation and documentation skills, proficient in PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with matrix reporting structure.
- Extensive experience leading global, multi-disciplinary teams in fast-paced, change intensive environments
- Extensive knowledge of project and program management tools, templates and management techniques including (CA PPM or equivalent), MS Office Professional, MS Project, MS Visio, IBM Blueworks, Sharepoint and advanced levels in Excel.
- Exceptional problem solving and negotiation skills, with the ability to work across organizational boundaries to drive closure of complex delivery challenges
- Strong business and technical acumen, with the ability to quickly understand and communicate technical concepts and challenges across a wide-ranging audience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the professional confidence and credibility to effectively engage and interact with senior and executive management
- Ability to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risk of issues presented; make recommendations and/or resolve the issue
- Ability to set priorities, create project plans, and monitor progress towards goals/activities
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal