Cyber Security Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
In-Flyt Experience (IFE)
In its business shift, Thales In-Flyt Experience Business Line is massively digitalizing its offers with comprehensive digital in-flight entertainment solutions. Over the past years, while evolving our solution, we have engaged with premier airlines across the globe to ensure we are thoroughly addressing their pain points. In parallel, Thales IFE has engaged with recognized leaders in the consumer world to enrich IFE solutions on proven hardware technologies and software development methodologies from some of the largest digital players. Thales IFE implements a technological shift, by bridging the gap with the consumer world into end-to-end platforms, spanning both on the ground and onboard the aircraft, with the onboard systems are now considered as a simple extension of the ground infrastructure.
Digital Competence Center (DCC)
Thales IFE has decided to create a leading technology center in Singapore for its IFE Digital Engineering. It will leverage on unique digital skillset from Singapore and neighbouring countries on Cloud engineering. Thanks to a multi-year strategic plan, Thales is locating at WeWork@Suntec, a center that will be the Cloud Center of Excellence for Thales IFE Business Line. Initiatives towards public cloud will be lead from Singapore, it covers Site Reliability expertise, Security analysts, and push-to-cloud projects. High-end cloud engineers are expected to be part of such project and rely on agile and modern leadership practices.
As a Cybersecurity Engineer, you will provide leadership in the DevSecOps area of Vulnerability Scanning, Certificate/Secrets Management, Password Policy Management, Analysis for Security Monitoring, coordination of Remediation Patching, and other daily Security and Compliance efforts.
Additionally, you will assist in developing an automated security framework for robust deployment tools and processes, leveraging various scripting languages and open-source solutions. In a nutshell, you will implement security fabric in all Thales applications.
The Cybersecurity Engineer will work directly with the Platform Execution squad to improve and ensure security of the platform.
- You will ensure the effectiveness of the vulnerability management process. Implement and coordinate the remediation of high risk, complex vulnerabilities as part of the DevSecOps team. Be hands-on by making system and application changes to improve cybersecurity to systems and applications
- You will implement security fabric into the applications pipelines
- You will define how to release securely new features part of Thales portfolio
- You will provide support on the implementation and ongoing support of security monitoring and alerting systems that are part of the Cybersecurity Operations Center (CSOC)
- You will support audit and compliance efforts affecting the platform environment and operations such as PCI, SOC2, GDPR
- You will determine appropriate controls are in place via periodic assessment and testing. Identify and engage operations teams for needed remediation
- You should have familiarity with Amazon AWS/Azure Policy, Configuration, and Security Management tools.
- You will develop and maintain security policies, standards and in conjunction with production IT and DevOps teams
- You should have familiarity with API Security, Container Security, AWS Cloud Security
- You will apply security best practices and standard operating procedures for the platform solutions
- You will collaborate with stakeholders to ensure good communication and quality solutions that meet the company’s technical needs
- You will create the documentation for the platform solutions
- You will shape the future our Thales IFEC platform solution
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Software Engineering, or another related field.
- 3+ years of experience with cloud providers such as AWS or Azure.
- 3+ years of experience with security concepts, protocols, industry best practices, strategies, frameworks and regulations such as International Standards Organization (ISO) 2700x, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Prior experience (3-5 years) in a Production Engineering/ Vulnerability Remediation/ Agile or related position.
- Experience working with Developers, DevOps, and Engineering teams in a dynamic environment to promote/implement the CyberSecurity program throughout the organization.
- Experience coordinating and performing vulnerability assessments through the use of automated and manual tools (Tenable, NMAP, etc.).
- Ability to review and analyze vulnerability data to identify security risks to the organization's network, infrastructure, and application's and determine any reported vulnerabilities that are false positives.
- Possess leadership skills and/or act as a team player to coordinate remediation of security issues within established timeframe.
- Familiarity with Information Security frameworks/standards (i.e., CIS, NIST, RFC2196, etc).
- Comprehension in security areas of Key Management Systems, Certificate Management, Encryption, Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Scanning, Security and Monitoring tools, etc.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux patch management and related information security functions (authentication, encryption, iptables, SSL, Ciphers, etc.)
- You have developed for years as a Software Full stack engineer
- You have strong knowledge about virtualization and clustered orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Good knowledge of public APIs for web (e.g. REST APIs and/or API Gateways)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative Problem-solving skills
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re investing in digital and “deep tech” innovations to build a future we can all trust.