Quality Assurance Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Your Role
An opportunity has arisen for a Quality Assurance Manager (QAM) to join our quality function and support bids and projects within the Digital Systems business by identifying and reporting risks and non-compliance, as well as ensuring mitigation of risks and strategies for improvements. Specifically you will:
- Maintain positive relationships with customer representatives and ensure all requirements are effectively handled
- Provide advice to bids, projects and senior management
- Ensure effective implementation of critical milestones
- Define and manage project specific quality requirements and objectives including preparation of quality plans if required
- Ensure correct quality conditions of all subcontracted activity
- Facilitate problem solving, root cause analysis and lessons learnt
- Utilise the quality management tool for recording and reporting non-conformances and audits
- Support customer and third-party ISO9001 audits
- Provide subject matter expertise for assigned products, projects and bids
- Other responsibilities as required
How About You?
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering, business or project management, with related technical expertise
- Audit qualification background or qualifications is highly regarded
- Experience in quality management, preferably in a system engineering or technical organisation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with a broad range of stakeholders
- Detailed knowledge of the requirements of ISO 9001: 2015 Quality Management System
- Experience in data analysis and KPI reporting and generation
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
As part of our standard process you will complete a police check, employment check and references.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re investing in digital and “deep tech” innovations to build a future we can all trust.